PDA

View Full Version : blue

colorme
08-21-2001, 10:24 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-Aug-2001/matric.jpg

Blue [matriarch 5]
11x14 Mixed-Media

This one is my first for the Alternative/Mixed Media project. I had fun working with this one:)

sassybird
08-22-2001, 12:55 PM
I love that face, especially the one eye. What mediums did you use for this piece? There is a surreal feel about it that attracts me. I would like to know more about what was going throuh your head as you conceived the piece and painted it. Good job! :clap:

paintfool
08-22-2001, 01:42 PM
Hi there, fellow Floridian. :) Yes! Pretty much everything Sassy has said. Please do tell us about the medium/ mediums. She's absolutley captivating!
Cheryl

colorme
08-22-2001, 04:08 PM
hey thank you both,:)

the mediums I used where: acrylic, watercolor, watercolor pencils, ink, colored pencils, and crayons. I have this little 'Matriarch' series with mothers/women from different parts of the world. This one is from india but it has some african influence with the big ear rings which I like to use a lot in most of my paintings if anyone has noticed. The writting on the back is a Hindi song, it's supposed to be about a woman [that's what i'm told], the pins stuck in on the right side are supposed to mean pain during labor. The eye thing..well I'm not sure what I was thinking but it looked to me later on like a glass eye and I liked it.

Leaflin
08-23-2001, 03:00 PM
:clap: Well done Colorme :clap:
Your colours are vibrant.
What a great idea for a series.
I look forward to seeing more.

(I love those labor pains..... oops pins :D)

colorme
08-23-2001, 07:23 PM
thanks leaflin...:),
this one is the last from the series but I can upload some of the other ones..they where mostly done in mixed mediums.

impetuous
09-19-2001, 10:57 PM
This is great Colorme, I love that big warm smile on her face, this is a very happy, feel good piece.
Just one thing though ...those labour pain pins, they should be six inch nails!!! :D