PDA

View Full Version : purple studebaker

AlpineAirbrush
02-27-2004, 02:25 AM
Hi all, Im new to this site. Looks like a great place to learn and to share. This artwork is 39x23 inches on illustration board. paint used was createx acrylic. Airbrush used was badger 150. Oh yeah, and lot's of frisk ! lol !!!

HF AIRBRUSH
02-27-2004, 02:56 AM
Hey kevin,
welcome and great work ....
and a verrrryyyy nice car..hahaha..

henk

Penny220
02-27-2004, 07:48 AM
This is a really nice painting. I like the details you added of the metal flake paint and the reflections of the checker board floor on the car. I don't have the patience for an undertaking with frisket like this.

Welcome to WC! I hope you post more of your work.

Penny

Caterwallin'
02-27-2004, 11:35 AM
Hi Kevin and welcome to both Wet Canvas and our forum!

I love the Studebaker! My Dad owned one up until I was in Jr high! I miss that old car!

I love the reflection of the floor, was this taken from a reference photo?
Like penny, I don't have the patience for frisk anymore! I admire the work of those of you that do!

Great Job!

Sam

kdkbrown
02-27-2004, 11:42 AM
Kevin,

Welcome to the airbrush forum. It's nice to have a neighbor from Lewiston, Id.

You did a nice job on the details in the painting. As Penny already mentioned, the checker-board floor reflection it awesome. I checked out your website; I really like the kids room.

I look forward in seeing more of your work.

Donna

Caterwallin'
02-27-2004, 12:00 PM
Wow! I looked at your website also!

http://www.freewebs.com/alpineairbrush/

I liked it all but the resturaunt murals are fantastic!

Sam

ProfessorGreibowitz
02-27-2004, 04:16 PM
Hi AlpineAirbrush!

Welcome to WC! Nice car and great reflections. The murals were cool and if I had a room like the kids' room when I was a kid I'd have never gone outside!!!! Good thing mine was boring. hehehe I got plenty of exercise. heheheheh

Great stuff!

Tim

AlpineAirbrush
02-28-2004, 12:53 AM
Well, Thank you all very much for the kind words! Penny, the metal look is due to using createx auto-air for the transparent purple. Yes Sam, I did use a reference photo on this, as well as my trusty Buhl opaque projector to get the perspectives right.The resturant murals were my 1st real pay'in job, boy,leaned a lot on that one. Donna, Always good to hear a kind welcome from a neighbor, Coeur D Alene is one of the most beautiful places I've ever been, so relaxing whenever we're up there. Well Professor, it's no wonder if my boys act a little "spacey" living in a room like that eh?? Right now I'm working on the girl's room. It's a little more down to earth ( a log cabin theme with two opposing 4'x6' Trompe L'Oeil windows ) I'll show you when it's done.

Leaflin
02-28-2004, 03:01 PM
Hi Kevin :)
Welcome to WetCanvas and the Airbrush forum!
I love your purple studebaker, the reflection is spectacular.
Your web site is awesome.
The parrot in the mural looks like it's flying out of the painting.
I think we should all have a 'field trip' to that restaurant :D

AlpineAirbrush
02-28-2004, 10:38 PM
Hi Kevin :)
Welcome to WetCanvas and the Airbrush forum!
I love your purple studebaker, the reflection is spectacular.
Your web site is awesome.
The parrot in the mural looks like it's flying out of the painting.
I think we should all have a 'field trip' to that restaurant :D
Thanks, Leaflin ! Sounds good to me. If you're willing to make the trip, Im buying dinner. :)

Leaflin
03-16-2004, 04:29 PM
I might just take you up on that one day Kevin :)
Hope you will start some more threads with your work!!!

Rodman
03-21-2004, 01:16 PM
sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet...worth ever painstaking min. that went into it..
thanks for posting.... Rod-Man