YLCIA
08-21-2001, 05:07 PM
This is one more of my works:)
16" by 20" canvas, acrylics
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/24-Jul-2001/523b.jpg

Julia

crazi4art
08-21-2001, 07:59 PM
did you have this scene set up in front of you? because i am kinda wondering about the shadows, it seems to me that it is to little, it you know what i mean, but i might be wrong. other that that they are good. i did a painting of two peaches right next to each other, a few weeks ago. my sis has that painting right now. so i am pretty familar with looking at peaches.;)
~crazi

YLCIA
08-21-2001, 08:21 PM
Yes, I had it set up on the rail of my deck , so the shadows are prety close to what they were.:)

Julia

bug
08-29-2001, 09:01 AM
Hey good job Julia but I think you should give that picture a better crop job so that the eye catches on the painting more instead of the surrounding picture. Love the peaches so well done I think I can actually feel the fuzz on them.:D

YLCIA
08-29-2001, 01:08 PM
Bug, thank you for looking and the comments!

The problem is that I have to take the photo outside so I would not have the flash working and giving the painting unwanted flash
"bleaches" and it difficult for me to take the picture in the position which would give a closer crop . I had a spinal surgery last year and have titanium rods in my back practicly on the whole length of my spine so bending or stretching other then straight is quite painful:) And I borrow the digital from a friend so I have very short time to experiment . I know I should get one of my own and I need to start working on building my website too.:)

Excuses , excuses:D

Julia

bug
08-29-2001, 03:14 PM
Darn Julia I wish I could crop this for you but the only problem is I only no how to do this if I have the jpg in my machine. I know it can be done some way right from the forum but I haven't the know how. Hopefully someone will read this soon and do it for you. I've seen a lot of threads where one member takes the picture from another and changes it then puts it back on. :clap: So calling all :angel: can someone help Julia crop this picture?:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

YLCIA
08-29-2001, 03:25 PM
:) Bug, tell me what do you do with your computer to crop . I do have photo shop but I just can change the colors there slightly . I am not to experienced with it. My son will come for a visit this weekend I will ask him . He is computer programmer so maybe he will help me. He lives 3 hours away so I ussualy do not ask for the help:) .

Thank You,

Julia

bug
08-29-2001, 03:41 PM
Ok Julia I'm about in your shoes but I'll give this a try. when I open a jpg. oh wait I have microsoft photo editor so I'm not sure what to tell you now. ok maybe yours is basically the same. Once I open the picture I have a tool bar across the top of my machine. there is a dotted line square I hit this and then drag my pointer around the picture leaving an outline where the picture will be cut, then I hit my right side mouse button and this shows a little box and one of the words showing is crop I just click on it and the picture is cut. thats it then when I exit out the picture it will ask if I want to save the changes and I hit the yes button and it's all done.

he-he not sure if this will help but if not maybe you can ask in the computer forum for help on how to do this with photo shop. :(

If someone doesn't come along soon to help, we could always try you sending your picture directly to me and I can crop and send it back.:D Hey maybe that could work.:)

YLCIA
08-29-2001, 04:32 PM
Thank You! I have microsoft too. I will try my best, whatever it is:D

Julia

YLCIA
08-29-2001, 05:00 PM
Bug, thank you . I found how to crop in my program
My program is MGI Photo Suite III.

I would not be able to crop all around the painting completely because I took it under the angle but at least some of it.

Ta-ta,

Julia

bug
08-29-2001, 05:13 PM
Well done.:clap:
Now you can play with it a bit and see how it looks cropped even more without having to save the changes, it will just let you see it differently. Have fun.:)

YLCIA
08-29-2001, 05:46 PM
I tried to improve some more the colors, did not work well but here is cropped version:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/29-Aug-2001/523b.jpg

bug
08-29-2001, 05:57 PM
This looks much better now the eye goes more to the subject instead of the outside of it!:)

bug
08-29-2001, 10:06 PM
I got to learn something new today also, my 11 year old Phillip taught me how to get the picture. Kids they know how to do everything on these computers:clap: