PDA

View Full Version : Sunset on the lake

YLCIA
08-21-2001, 04:53 PM
Hello everyone

I never posted my paintings here and I paint in acrylics. Mostly I post in the critique forum or landscape.it is 16"by 20",canvas, acrylics
Here it goes, my last painting:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/21-Aug-2001/Painting023.jpg

Julia

Keith Russell
08-22-2001, 06:39 PM
Keith.

YLCIA
08-23-2001, 11:35 AM
I hope not:D
My temporarily last one finished was Stream #2 , I posted it at the same time with this one and Peaches.:)
Thank You for looking.

Julia

bug
08-31-2001, 12:14 PM
Hi Julia I must have missed this one before. I'm liking the sky and the background but after seeing your work I do believe you can do much better on your water.:) Sorry but I have to be honest with you.:angel:

YLCIA
08-31-2001, 05:38 PM
It just fine , Bug. Thank You for you opinion.
I was not trying to depict the water completely realisticly. I did it on purpose as you can see from the curve. Kind of like E. Munch.
I just wanted to try to distort and see the result and reaction. Actually I got quite good reaction from the critique and landscape forums on this piece.
I am experimenting so to speak.

:D :D

Julia

bug
08-31-2001, 05:48 PM
I was comparing it to the other works I've seen of yours and going by how realistic they were I didn't think this one seemed as well as I know you can do. whew-sorry for the mistake.:o

YLCIA
08-31-2001, 06:32 PM
I am very thanks full you are looking and commenting. :)
I am just trying to "find myself":rolleyes: He-he...
Did not try abstract yet.
My painting experience is limited( about 3 years). I always was interested in it , read a lot ,but as I say to my piano students only practice, practice, practice can make it better:) (I am avoiding the word 'perfect':evil: )

Ta-ta,

Julia