PDA

View Full Version : My Cat, Rufus

Diana Lee
02-25-2004, 02:53 PM
I wasn't sure of where to put this, but it would appear most scratchboard is in this catagory.

Mary Riggs
02-25-2004, 07:20 PM
Wow! This depicts the iridescent quality in cats eyes better than most paintings or even photographs I have seen. Excellent work in a very difficult medium. I really like the partial image of Rufus, like he is sneaking in from his dark lair. Almost panther-like :D

I'm glad you decided to share this piece with us in the Mixed forum. Welcome to our neck of the woods!

sassybird
02-26-2004, 05:49 PM
You captured the nature of cats in a wonderful way. It is good to see people doing more with less, ummmmmmm let's say using minimalism to add strength to a piece. The nose area is perfect, and I agree with Mary about those eyes. You also did a wonderful job on the whiskers:) Would you mind cross posting this over in Pen and Ink? We have scratch board work posted in their quite ofen, and I think this piece will receive a lot of attention from the good folks over there too.

Diana Lee
02-26-2004, 06:09 PM
You captured the nature of cats in a wonderful way. It is good to see people doing more with less, ummmmmmm let's say using minimalism to add strength to a piece. The nose area is perfect, and I agree with Mary about those eyes. You also did a wonderful job on the whiskers:) Would you mind cross posting this over in Pen and Ink? We have scratch board work posted in their quite ofen, and I think this piece will receive a lot of attention from the good folks over there too.

Thank you. I have posted it in Pen and Ink. I have always said, with scratchboard, "Less is More".