PDA

View Full Version : Playful Cub- CP and acrylic

Glenspey
02-24-2004, 04:10 PM
I have x posted this in A and W but would welcome any C&C from the CP experts. Reference photo posted by Crias-thankyou.
This is the first time I have tried CP with acrylic and although it started as an experiment am quite pleased with how it turned out.
I have more work on the fur and water, but would be grateful if you would point out any areas you think look wrong.

Gayle

gnu
02-24-2004, 08:32 PM
Hi Gayle, would love to know your method on this combo, because I use Cps and work in acrylic too..
the only area I find confusing is the overlap of the back paw and body(foreground area..)
adding some shadow there to bring the paw more to the front and keeping the 3-D shading you have already would help...the same area on the body, ils looking a bit flat, so some shadow would enhance this too..
otherwise neat playful pose from an impressive animal!! :clap: :clap:

ShellyF
02-24-2004, 08:55 PM
Wow, he has such a glow about him! Very nice kitty :)

Glenspey
02-25-2004, 01:22 AM
Gnu, Shelly, thanks for taking the time to comment.
I am layering CP then using acrylic to highlight and glaze, as I am only working on mountboard I can't use as much acrylic as I would like, but I've certainly learnt a lot.

Gayle

wet
02-25-2004, 10:43 AM
Gayle I have used acrylics over cp too. I will use anything to get the look I want! :D This is coming along great and I hope you will post it here when it is done. It always amazes me to see big cats behaving just like little house cats! wanda