PDA

View Full Version : Chickadee - Stippling

artdude
08-20-2001, 06:14 PM
This one was my second attempt at stippling (pointillism). Done about a year or so ago. Not sure if I have the head of the bird right though. Too dark maybe?. It was hard to see any detail because the refference pic of the bird was really small. I do like the way the tree branches came out.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-Aug-2001/chickadeecopy2.jpg

Christie
08-20-2001, 09:30 PM
Nice bird! Not too fond of these guys right now as "they" and their friends cleaned my Saskatoon bush off before I could get the berries off it!:p

I do like the branches a great deal and the chickadee looks fine maybe a bit dark on the head, but it is hard to get them to pose for any length of time...

RuthT
08-21-2001, 10:06 AM
Hi artdude - another lovely piece ! You must have a very sure hand to align the feathers so well, they are beautiful. I like the whole layout too ( I guess that's called composition :) )

btw - did you know that missmouse started an art project yesterday called "birds of a feather". If your little chickadee hopped over there I think he would feel right at home !

MarkL
08-21-2001, 04:54 PM
Hey artdude howzit it going?

Looks good, I must say that you have got the feather thing down pat you must have a steady hand to get those lines so crisp.

I tend to be a bit rough around the edges and if something goes out of line it becomes another part of the background or a growth attached to the main image

Good on ya

Earlene
08-21-2001, 05:02 PM
:clap: :clap:
Hey Artdude,
That really really is a nice job. I love the little critters even though they have eaten all my blackberries. I guess they have to eat too, right? Anyway you really have done them justice. Great Job!

artdude
08-22-2001, 09:10 AM
Christie & Earlene: Thanks for your comments. :) hmmmm Saskatoon and Blackberries? Maybe I should plant a few of those to attract more chickadees...haven't had many this year.

RuthT: Thanks for the heads-up on the "birds of a feather" project. Will have to check it out :)

MarkL: I have a steady hand until I've had too much coffee :D Then I switch to my scribble technique :eek: