PDA

View Full Version : Maine Painters

amsawyer
02-23-2004, 02:22 AM
Hi - looking for other local painters to network with, maybe get some paint-outs organized, talk about gallery exoeriences, marketing issues. Spending too much time alone in my studio! I'm in South Casco, near Sebago Lake, love coastal stuff, working waterfronts and fishermen, old buildings. I know you're out there! Thanks, Andi

portfauxlio
03-21-2004, 01:15 PM
Andy, You are more than welcome, and anyone else you can get to join, to come to the annual International Paint Out, Saturday, September, 11, 2004. My group will be in Acadia National Park and there will be a reception, show and sale in the early evening of paintings from that day. More info about the worldwide event can be found at http://www.IPAP.homestead.com There's pics from last years event too.

Hopefully, there will be others who will organize this event in their home towns. Gail

Pastel Paint
03-24-2004, 05:38 PM
:clap: Hi Andi,
Glad to hear from other Maine artists. I belong to the Saco Bay Artists, we get together even Mon. evening at Jakeman Hall, Ocean Park. We paint, talk about art, help each other out with painting projects. We sponsor out door art shows on the lawn, Ocean Park. 40 to 45 artists show their art and sell in the summer months. During spring and summer months a group of us get together and go out to different locations in our area to paint. It would be great if a group of artists could get together for the day and meet at a location in our area. Our group has painted at Fort Williams, Saco, Old Orchard, Kennebunk area, etc. etc. Happy Painting!!!!!!! SPRING can`t come to soon for me!!!! :clap: :cool:
Sylvia

colin
07-14-2004, 12:35 AM
Just sticking my head up to say Hi from Downeast !
Colin

LaurieL
07-19-2004, 05:46 PM
Andi (and others), hello from southern coastal Maine! :D Kittery area :D
On Fridays I join a group of artists in Sanford for portrait drawing. We meet from 11-2, and each kick in $3 for model fees, which is quite a bargain. It's a small, informal group that is great fun to be with, and they are welcoming of newcomers and artists of all abilities. Many belong to the Pastel Painters of Maine, but others are watercolorists, or paint in acrylic. I think a few of the artists I know attend the Saco event too.

Gail - the paint out in Sept. looks fun. I'm considering attending, unless something gets planned closer to Portsmouth, NH.

- Laurie

PAINTWITHME
08-16-2004, 07:05 AM
Hooray ! I'm in Bath Maine and am looking for any help finding an art instructor or art group to join. I've just started painting on my own, I use instruction books but would like to watch others for help .

LaurieL
08-31-2004, 06:22 PM
If you live near York Beach, there's a plein aire event scheduled for Sat. Sept 11 at the Nubble Light House. Artists from the NH Plein Air group are meeting there sometime around 9 or 10am. It is part of the Worldwide Paint-Out sponsored by the International Plein Aire Painters, which also has events scheduled for Acadia National Park and Monhegan Island. Contact info for those events is at: www.ipap.homestead.com/paintout.html.

If you want to RSVP for the Nubble event, get more info, or join the NH Plein Air Group, contact the coordinator (msjallen@comcast.net). My guess is that any artist who shows up will be welcomed though (at least by me, but it seems to be a friendly group). :wave:

- Laurie

blkros
08-31-2004, 07:19 PM
For those intersted in networking, and meeting other artists, how about The Union of Maine Visual Artists (UMVA) they have chapters downeast, midcoast and southern Maine.
Check 'em out online at http://www15.brinkster.com/kennyjohn/splash.htm

colin
09-12-2004, 08:58 PM
Thanks Keith!

Fmalo
09-13-2004, 12:03 AM
Andi,

You bring back memories for me. I vacationed on Bonny Eagle for many years , then bought a camp on Watchic Pond (wish I kept it). Hung around Standish, but drove through South Casco many times. Do the kids still jump off the trestle bridge between Standish & Raymond?

Wish I could get back up that way....