PDA

View Full Version : masking

timmjohnn
02-22-2004, 08:42 PM
can you use airbrush medium sprayed over a painting to prevent pull up??i have used varnish in the past and though it works, im not sure thats the best
way..besides, im all out of varnish.............tim

Penny220
02-22-2004, 10:01 PM
What paint are you using?

timmjohnn
02-22-2004, 11:58 PM
What paint are you using?
im usein golden airbrush colors..i took yer advice and bought them..there a lil cheaper than com art, so with your words in mind i took them off the shelf..i like em..mush easier to spray than createx..

Penny220
02-23-2004, 08:17 AM
Golden airbrush extender is used with Golden airbrush paints, Golden airbrush medium is used with Golden Fluids. Golden is one of the hardest if not "the hardest" paints so clearing is not needed prior to masking. If should want you can use GAC500 which is the recommended clear medium for Golden paints. If you don't have GAC500 yet and you still feel more comfortable using a clear prior to masking use the airbrush extender it is harder than the airbrush medium.

Curious, what did you pay for your paints?

timmjohnn
02-23-2004, 09:47 AM
Curious, what did you pay for your paints?[/QUOTE]

i bought the 4fl. oz. bottles for $5.32 + tax each. com art's larger bottles were almost $10.00 a peace. the smaller golden bottles didnt have a price on them but com art's smaller bottles were $3.75 a peace. i bought the three primary color's plus white, black and medium. i also got about 20 sheets of illistraion board. ok, ive never worked on illistraion board befor, i noticed that there were nuerous typs. the thing i couldnt understand is what the difference is between cold press and hot press. i have a quad billian paintings on canvas but i think i will buy illistraion board from now on. i dont mean to sound cheap, but its just cheaper than canvas..most of my work is for only one client anyway,(ME!!)

timmjohnn
02-23-2004, 09:49 AM
Curious, what did you pay for your paints?

i bought the 4fl. oz. bottles for $5.32 + tax each. com art's larger bottles were almost $10.00 a peace. the smaller golden bottles didnt have a price on them but com art's smaller bottles were $3.75 a peace. i bought the three primary color's plus white, black and medium. i also got about 20 sheets of illistraion board. ok, ive never worked on illistraion board befor, i noticed that there were nuerous typs. the thing i couldnt understand is what the difference is between cold press and hot press. i have a quad billian paintings on canvas but i think i will buy illistraion board from now on. i dont mean to sound cheap, but its just cheaper than canvas..most of my work is for only one client anyway,(ME!!)[/QUOTE]
PRIMARY COLOR'S ( RED YELLOW AND BLUE)

Penny220
02-23-2004, 11:11 AM
Most airbrush artists use illustration board because it is smooth and because it is easier to have prints made of them, so you are not being cheap. The difference between hot-press and cold-press is that hot press has a smoother finish than the cold press. Yes, there are many different types you can buy. It all comes down to personal preference and whether or not they are acid free.