PDA

View Full Version : last visit for the old sheperd

HF AIRBRUSH
02-18-2004, 10:38 AM
well i placed this painting in the classical room but it seems to belong here...haha..
i made it offcourse with the airbrush...all freehand size 50x70cm on canvas.
The original oil painting is made somewere around 1800..so thats why i placed it in the classical...but maybe i get more luck here...

this painting shows my affection for dogs...and the respect ive got for mans best friend...

henk

Caterwallin'
02-18-2004, 12:06 PM
henk my friend, you belong here with us! LOL!!! I have had problems in other forums! Before we had the airbrush forum, I had even been emailed by another WC member (in another forum) who promptly told me that airbrush art was not "real art" and that I should stop posting in their forum! LOL!!! It did not bother me too bad, and I continued to post in that forum just to........ aggravate! Heheee!

I had seen this painting on your website and I liked it then!
I still like it now! I have never seen the original but that's OK with me, your rendition is fantastic!

Great job! :clap:

Sam

HF AIRBRUSH
02-18-2004, 12:35 PM
hey Sam, just for you...hahaha..they will mis it..
it's a painting from Sir Edwin Landseer...he lived from 1802 till 1873
and this is the original.. :)

gazman
02-18-2004, 02:52 PM
henk my friend, you belong here with us! LOL!!! I have had problems in other forums! Before we had the airbrush forum, I had even been emailed by another WC member (in another forum) who promptly told me that airbrush art was not "real art" and that I should stop posting in their forum! LOL!!! It did not bother me too bad, and I continued to post in that forum just to........ aggravate! Heheee!
Sam

Yeah Henk this was a new direction for you...I know one thing Henk...you take to airbrushing in whatever manner...with passion:)..good onya mate.

AND Sam...

Man these other forums are sometimes.....so far up themselves...I have had a few ha,ha,...nibbles..in some rooms but mate they won't shake me.....the airbrush IS real and by the time I am thru here...they all will know it:)

hmmmmm...."not real art"...now it seems to me I have heard those exact words before too.
Which room...let me at it!!!!!:)

Good onyas....Gaz

HF AIRBRUSH
02-18-2004, 03:44 PM
hey mate,
yes...this is my kind of work...i do this with all my heart...

about the airbrush...well im told before by many people that this isn't art...art is with oil paint and brushes...but the people who say that should try to make a airbrush....ive seen good work here at this forum...just like our other aussie mate who is rejected...man this is really art !!!!!

henk

Caterwallin'
02-18-2004, 04:37 PM
henk, I think you painted a wonderful and passionate rendition of the original. I could see that in your painting of Cliff as well!

Gaz, I did not intend on stoking a fire! LOL!!! But your both right, I have heard it a thousand times, that airbrush art is not real art!

Let me clarify this.........the person that emailed me was just one WC member only! I have not heard this from anyone else here on WC!!! So we will just let it go at that! LOL!!!

I do think that certain forums are very clique-ish, (I don't know the Aussie or Dutch word for it!) and they don't accept outsiders into their little groups! I don't want our forum to be that way!!!

clique - Pronunciation: klik - Noun

clique - an exclusive circle of people with a common purpose
coterie, ingroup, inner circle, camp, pack
band, circle, lot, set - an unofficial association of people or groups

I'm guilty of not participating in other forums. It's not for any particular reason. I'm going to try to change that!

Take care!
Sam

ProfessorGreibowitz
02-18-2004, 04:39 PM
Hi Henk,

You did a great job but I never realized it was a coffin til I saw the original! I think what threw me is that your dog's chin is further down than the original and I really didn't see the end of the box as a coffin. Just thought it was a case or something. Now, the meaning of the picture is clear and yes it now effects that terrible emotion of sadness!!!! Who wants to feel that?? hehehehehe But you did a darn good job on the book and glasses. Very nice details!

What kind of dog is that in your avatar/icon/tiny head?

Also, what does "good onyas" mean? (Gaz???)

Tim

HF AIRBRUSH
02-18-2004, 05:12 PM
hey thanks for the compliments...
and tim..thats my dog Arika..she was a puppy on that picture...it's an Australian Cattle Dog...
here's a bigger picture :p

henk

Leaflin
02-18-2004, 08:18 PM
:crying: :crying: Gaz that is so sad :crying: :crying:
Poor old fella, he really misses his master.
It makes me think of the way my "Nick" puts his head on my lap when I'm not feeling well.
You did a great job because it made me cry!

ProfessorGreibowitz
02-18-2004, 10:03 PM
I have a Dalmatian named Solomon. He's awesome! He does all these tricks and his vocabulary is crazy. I say all the words by making them 2 syllables. Treat is said "treaty treat". "trucky truck" is really my car cuz I used to own a truck and when I sold it I kept saying trucky truck. hehehehehhe If I say "squirrely squirrel".... oh man.... ballistic! He knows so many words I have to spell some when I talk to my folks sometimes to keep him from knowing. He's 8 years old. Here are a few pics of him as a baby and grown.

One is of him and his Lion King wig. He wouldn't take it off for a week after seeing the movie. heheheheheheh

Tim

HF AIRBRUSH
02-19-2004, 02:04 AM
Hey tim...hahaha...yep your my kind a guy..hahahaha,...love the pic with the lion king..hahaha...

and leaflin....well i see it that it's not that the dog is sad...but he's loyal to his master...thats why he is next to the coffin...just to wait for his master to tell him what to do...

you see it in treu live to...people who are burried and the dog stays on there grave....
and ok...maybe its sadness to...

henk

timmjohnn
02-19-2004, 08:44 AM
i gotta tell ya this one!! my father is an oil painter, a very good artist, my favorit artist. but man oh man did take the third degree when he found out i had started airbrushing. he called me everything from cheater to an artist wannabe. but i gotta tell ya, when he fiddled with my airbrush, the expert artist that he is, he could not even paint a straight line.lol, he has changed his veiws about my brush's sense then and he now commends me for my work. lolhey mate,
yes...this is my kind of work...i do this with all my heart...

about the airbrush...well im told before by many people that this isn't art...art is with oil paint and brushes...but the people who say that should try to make a airbrush....ive seen good work here at this forum...just like our other aussie mate who is rejected...man this is really art !!!!!

henk

HF AIRBRUSH
02-19-2004, 08:47 AM
hahahaha...yes i know..
i do some demo's to...and there are always people who stand behind you and after a while they say...hmm..i can do that...thats easy...
well i give them the airbrush and say...well go ahead....hahaha...man that isn't that easy..hahahaha...

henk

timmjohnn
02-19-2004, 10:00 AM
hahahaha...yes i know..
i do some demo's to...and there are always people who stand behind you and after a while they say...hmm..i can do that...thats easy...
well i give them the airbrush and say...well go ahead....hahaha...man that isn't that easy..hahahaha...

henk
hey! ijust thaught of somthing..van gogh was rejected in his day for his style of painting..they said that his style was not art..and now he known as one the old master's of art..funny eh.........mabe we airbrush artist's will too one day be known as one of the old master's of art......tim

Penny220
02-20-2004, 11:39 PM
I always like to remind people, a true purist draws with a chared stick and paints with berries! You can't please everyone so ya better paint to please yourself.