PDA

View Full Version : my house is in here...somewhere?

DFGray
08-17-2001, 06:46 PM
30 x 40 " on matt board with a coat of Pastel medium, in the fall from a cliff looking towards Mt Arrowsmith with oncoming rain showers, I live down there but you can t see the joint,http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/17-Aug-2001/fromlittlemount.jpg
currently painting the beaches in summer... full of people
regards
Dan

Bobbie
08-17-2001, 07:48 PM
It's beautiful. :clap:

wendee
08-18-2001, 06:32 AM
gorgeoug...love the colours...:D :D

dupliKate
08-18-2001, 12:49 PM
This is exqusite! Awesome sky!

It may be my monitor, but it seems very pink and blue. Looks great, but I'm not sure I'm seeing the real colours. Are those the colours in the originial, or is it more autumny?

Love it....wish I could say I lived in such a beautiful place!

K:)

DFGray
08-18-2001, 02:19 PM
Hi K
I have so much of the evergreen forest in my paintings and am challenged by working with green (I was once told that the rods in our eyes can distinguish more shades and hues of green...than other colours... I believe it) that I use alot of reds and oranges as complimentary colour in my trees, so started this pastel on a red background as there was so much forest in the pastel, hopefully the red throughout the piece holds it together and the green pastel is used sparingly where it was needed, the foreground tree is growing at the base of the cliff I used that tree to show the height that I am painting from. I worked untill the rain showers got to me. I paint from this cliff top often, sometimes successfully
regards
Dan

Sandi
08-20-2001, 11:00 PM
*sigh* This is so incredibly gorgeous!
Wish I could make it to your fun day on the 25th, but can't this year afterall. Maybe next.