PDA

View Full Version : Here Kitty

Cherri
02-14-2004, 12:35 AM
This is my last painting. I apologize for the fizzy picture.. My camera stinks, what can I say? Anyway, this was painted from a computer print out of the kitten. The picture was really dark and the eyes were completely black. Wouldn't you know that when I was prepping to paint my scanner pooped out on me and I could not load it in the computer to lighten the reference. So I went for it blind. LOL.. Luckily, a friend of the person receiving the painting managed to come up with the eye color of the kitten, so all was not lost.

It is painted on stretched muslin using badger 155 and passche VL and Golden fluid acrylics. I hope you like her.

We presented it to the kitty's owner and she was so happy with it she cried. Made me feel like a million bucks.

Cherri

jbest
02-14-2004, 01:16 AM
looks great cherri. can i ask if it was done freehand or is that just from the picture beeing fuzzy?

josh

Cherri
02-14-2004, 10:41 AM
Josh;

No the kitty is not really fuzzy around the edges. My camera is not the best in the digital world. Close ups for me are next to impossible and since my eyes are not the best in the world, I sometimes can't see if the photo is a keeper until I get it on the computer. sorry

I made a mask for the kitten and sprayed the background. Once I finished that I removed the mask. I did free hand the entire kitten using shields here and there. I did not want a hard edge where the backgrouind joined the kittens body, with the exception of a few places where the photo reference called for it. I did not realize the picture would have so much blur. I had already given the painting to the owner before I saw the photograph. I have another photo of the kitten prior to finish. I have lightened this photo and increased the contrast so you can see it a bit better. She looks a little spooky with her eyes not finished, but we are talking about fuzzy right ..LOL Hope this helps.
Cherri

Milo
02-14-2004, 01:36 PM
Thats great! Sorry to hear about your scanner. Thanks for sharing really good job on the painting. I like the spooky one... Evil cat there chuckles.

Milo

HF AIRBRUSH
02-14-2004, 02:42 PM
hey cherry,
looks great...
i think that you should do animals always freehand...the sharp edges makes it un natural...
and about your eyes..well...after one hour i use glasses to..hahaha...
man you can't see what your doing after an hour......my eyes get tired then...
i know what it means to have a bad photo...i did these yorks a while ago and you could not see there eyes....so its a hell of a job to get that done...
but you did a great job ;)

henk

jbest
02-14-2004, 03:50 PM
Josh;

No the kitty is not really fuzzy around the edges. My camera is not the best in the digital world. Close ups for me are next to impossible and since my eyes are not the best in the world, I sometimes can't see if the photo is a keeper until I get it on the computer. sorry

I made a mask for the kitten and sprayed the background. Once I finished that I removed the mask. I did free hand the entire kitten using shields here and there. I did not want a hard edge where the backgrouind joined the kittens body, with the exception of a few places where the photo reference called for it. I did not realize the picture would have so much blur. I had already given the painting to the owner before I saw the photograph. I have another photo of the kitten prior to finish. I have lightened this photo and increased the contrast so you can see it a bit better. She looks a little spooky with her eyes not finished, but we are talking about fuzzy right ..LOL Hope this helps.
Cherri

thats alot better :) your right looks posessed with just the white there for the eyes :) looks great can't wait to see more

josh

Leaflin
02-14-2004, 07:49 PM
Awwwww Cherri what a great pose.
I can see why the client was so pleased.
Don't ya' just love it when they get all teary eyed :)

TeAnne
02-14-2004, 11:00 PM
This is my last painting. I apologize for the fizzy picture.. My camera stinks, what can I say? Anyway, this was painted from a computer print out of the kitten. The picture was really dark and the eyes were completely black. Wouldn't you know that when I was prepping to paint my scanner pooped out on me and I could not load it in the computer to lighten the reference. So I went for it blind. LOL.. Luckily, a friend of the person receiving the painting managed to come up with the eye color of the kitten, so all was not lost.

It is painted on stretched muslin using badger 155 and passche VL and Golden fluid acrylics. I hope you like her.

We presented it to the kitty's owner and she was so happy with it she cried. Made me feel like a million bucks.

Cherri
That is so gorgeous. :cat:

ProfessorGreibowitz
02-17-2004, 12:59 AM
It's that "Please rub my tummy.... so I can suddenly grab your hand and bite the nachos out of it!" look. heheheheheh

Great job!

Tim