PDA

View Full Version : BWS inspired Thor

baquitania
08-17-2001, 06:45 AM
Hey Digistyle, ripped this from an old sketchbook.. thought you'd get a kick, done in ink brush, and then a quick color wash as you can tell how quick from the detail ... Bobby
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/17-Aug-2001/BWSThor.jpg
And here's the sloppy detail :D

digistyle
08-18-2001, 04:13 PM
It good to see some more fan art on these pages. Thor has always been one of my favorites at Marvel, especially the Kirby illustrations. I feel a trip to the comics shop coming:)

digistyle

"Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of... THOR"

[edit] Almost forgot the disclaimer. I didn't create the attached image. It was a royalty free piece I found on the web & thought it was appropriate for this thread.

sherville
08-19-2001, 05:40 AM
WOWEEEE!! This is great.
Baquitania, Do you find ink to be better/easier to use than watercolour when doing things like this? Watercolour is something I do rather messily, so if Ink is maybe easier to control I might have a chance at actually colouring something :D Thanks.
Like Digistyle, I think it's time to take a stroll to the Comic Book Store, I feel weird going there though, as an 18y/o female I feel REALLY out of place among all the 10y/o boys. hehehehe.
I have been wanting to Study some comic book art (if only it was a subject back in school) because I've really been getting inspired by your sketches. I've always loved that style of drawing along with Illustration, but I don't own many comics of superheros etc. Maybe you and Digi can suggest to me a series that has been drawn by a very good artist?
Thanks again!

Leo of Canadia
08-30-2001, 08:05 PM
cool