PDA

View Full Version : sailfish-acrylic

sooty
08-17-2001, 12:34 AM
hi all... im male 48 from west australia and i am making a late start in the world of art..this is only my second painting and would welcome any comments and advice, ive learnt so much by viewing and reading the comments on this site ..wish i started painting 30 years ago..so much to learn...thanks

cchapla1
08-18-2001, 08:13 AM
Hi Sooty, Welcome. It's never too late to begin
and what a great start! I think your acrylic of the sailfish shows lots of talent . Can't wait to see more of your work. The water is well done as is the sailfish. What got you interested in getting into art? Keep the works coming. Carole:cat:

sooty
08-21-2001, 08:46 AM
thanks carole for the encouragement ...i find that i have more time on my hands lately and i cant go fishing every day, so im trying to learn new skills... so when the wind blows the paints will come out...sooty

bug
08-22-2001, 11:00 PM
Hi very nice picture! I would suggest a bit more in your background maybe a boat or two, bring your clouds out more (stronger). Or if you want the eye just on the sailfish maybe bring it up closer (bigger). Really nice job on the water and fish. Great start you only improve more and more with each picture keep up the good work. Don't you just love acrylics they are so easy to work with;you can paint on just about anything with them! Thanks for posting sooty I really enjoyed seeing this.:clap: :)

Wish I had more time I'd paint more and go fishing also: I could never get bored with either one!:D

sooty
08-25-2001, 07:20 PM
hi bug ...yes i see what you mean the background is bare ...ill work on fixing it and bring out the clouds more.....just the sort of advice i needed thanks for taking the time to comment....sooty:cool:

Saau_Hatshepsut
08-27-2001, 02:56 AM
Great picture. I agree with Bug, a little more interest in the background to add depth and balance the sailfish would be good.
Looking forward to seeing your future work.

Saau.

Sylvielu
08-28-2001, 06:40 PM
Great! I started painting late last fall and acrylic seems to be my choice of mediums. I only have one suggestion.......separate the sky and water with a skyline of lavender or darker blue mixed with brown. Sylvielu

IRDOC
08-31-2001, 12:46 PM
Welcome Sooty
Glad you are painting with us..
let us see more.
Doc:clap:

sooty
09-07-2001, 12:12 AM
thanks to all for your advice and help .....i have now added some clouds but had to stop as they kept getting bigger as i tried to make them better `lol`... quess i`ll learn as i progress also added some seagulls (scavengers of the sea) dont wont to touch it anymore for fear of overdoing something .. thankyou everyone..sooty

sooty
09-07-2001, 01:00 AM
oops forgot to add the revised pic