PDA

View Full Version : Experiment

sassybird
08-16-2001, 02:49 PM
I posted this in color therory, because that is what this is. I wanted to experiment with color without form to worry about. Please tell me what you think.

artman2384
08-16-2001, 04:14 PM
Sassybird
wow!
this is great i love the colors that you used what medium did you use?

boo
08-16-2001, 05:21 PM
hi sassybird

That's a very succesful experiment you've created. The colours are excellent. I would also like to see what would happen if you had opposing colours instead of the dark areas. It might not work but it would be interesting to see what the reaction might be to the main colours you have used.

boo

sassybird
08-16-2001, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by artman2384
Sassybird
wow!
this is great i love the colors that you used what medium did you use?

artman, I used pastels, working them wet and pastel pencils

boo
08-16-2001, 07:11 PM
hi again,

I hope I'm not doing a big no-no here but I wanted to show you the kind of thing I meant with the colours. So I borrowed your image to try and explain. I'm worried that I'm being a bit self indulgent with someone elses work so I apologize now if I offend you or anyone else (just give me an ear-bashing)

Susan

P.S. I've just realised that this would not work with the title

:(

colorme
08-16-2001, 07:50 PM
hey sassy it sort of looks like lightning, I love the colors:cool:

ZOTMA
08-17-2001, 01:12 AM
energetic line, flow
the relationship of the colors is interesting (more pleasing than challenging)
has an oceanic feel to it, that or microcosmic

boo
08-17-2001, 04:58 PM
I woke up this morning and thought 'what a stupid bitch'

Susan

sassybird
08-17-2001, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by boo

Susan

Susan, why would you think something like that about yourself? You were just having fun and experimenting too :) Haven't you ever taken a picture from somewhere and colored over it, cut it up and put it back together a different way? Don't be down on yourself, gal.

boo
08-17-2001, 10:03 PM
I can only think to say, thanks :)

Susan

Pilan
08-19-2001, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by boo

Susan

Just thought I would take a peek at this forum and was alarmed at this post. :eek:

Susan, I think if you call boo a stupid bitch one more time I will report you to the moderator :evil: how could boo do anything wrong!

I have stole paintings numerous times and put them in photoshop. Guess what, I learned something each time I mutilated someone elses painting. Its really a good learning technique and when I have the time I do this. Ahhhhh, I don't tell on myself unless my mutilation actually HELPS the image.

:D

Enjoy playing around, this is how we learn.

sassybird :) awesome color and design... very much energy here.

Pilan

sassybird
08-20-2001, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by Pilan

Just thought I would take a peek at this forum and was alarmed at this post. :eek:

Susan, I think if you call boo a stupid bitch one more time I will report you to the moderator :evil: how could boo do anything wrong!

I have stole paintings numerous times and put them in photoshop. Guess what, I learned something each time I mutilated someone elses painting. Its really a good learning technique and when I have the time I do this. Ahhhhh, I don't tell on myself unless my mutilation actually HELPS the image.

:D

Enjoy playing around, this is how we learn.

sassybird :) awesome color and design... very much energy here.

Pilan

Pilan,
Thanks for validating my message to Boo. I was alarmed by that post too.

RonMarko
08-21-2001, 06:14 PM
Beautiful pastel work Sassybird!
One would expect something like this to be created digitally with a Photoshop filter.
The technique and the depth of color is amazing - it's obivous that color theroy is your interest and this piece is a fine example of your studies...It also just plain kicks ass!!

:cat: :clap: :cat: :clap:

Pilan
08-21-2001, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by RonMarko
Beautiful pastel work Sassybird!
One would expect something like this to be created digitally with a Photoshop filter.

The technique and the depth of color is amazing - it's obivous that color theroy is your interest and this piece is a fine example of your studies...It also just plain kicks ass!!

:cat: :clap: :cat: :clap:

RonMarko, I like the word you used kicks ass. Your usage of this phrase brought to my mind the description of Sassys pastel.

Its the fleeting seconds of energy we see when there is a burst of a huge fireworks shell. Its the delayed oooo that our brains makes our voice utter just seconds after the burst. Of course we continue with the ahhh because its energy just trails to the next level and then looses momentum.

Sassybird, your pastel is the oooo before the ahhhh.

:clap: :clap: :clap: