PDA

View Full Version : Beginner Here!

bug
08-16-2001, 09:18 AM
Hi Everyone, I'm new to this site and to forums. I've posted a few times over in the beginner section but I feel this is probably the place I should be posting.

I consider my work mostly abstract but I've done a bit of everything over the years. I would love if you would all check out my site (needs work) I've never had any training what so ever, art is like breathing to me so I would appreciate all of you giving me your comments on what type abstracts you consider my work; example I sometimes say they are surreal since they also have a feel of real subjects to them. would anyone agree? I will be adding more paintings a.s.a.p since I've only been painting less then a year I feel I have some nice new more improved ones to add to my site.

Looking forward to your comments: The Bug

sassybird
08-16-2001, 02:56 PM
Bug,
I checked out your website. You really need to post some of those on here in a larger format. You do some nice work. Some of it reminds me of the shape I have used in my mandalas. You color sense is wonderful in both the landscapes and the abstract. Keep it up, and PLEASE PLEASE post some here in this forum as well as any other forum they may fit into. I post in about 6 different forums.

bug
08-18-2001, 02:52 PM
Hey this is an abstract of the Kellogg's Rooster. If you know him can you see the resemblance?

bug
08-18-2001, 03:07 PM
Sassybird I gave it a try and I'm so pleased with myself. I posted this picture (Rooster) this is a big deal for me I had to go in and change the properties to make it work. I learned how to do something new today and I did it without any help. I'm giving myself a thumbs up. I'll post something more serious next time.

Thanks for suggesting posting sassybird!

colorme
08-18-2001, 04:31 PM
Hey I like it boo!

boo
08-18-2001, 10:38 PM
hi bug,

I'm new here too, just getting to know my way around, like you. Nice to see you posted one of your paintings. I tried to have a look at your website but it didn't seem to register on my browser.

boo

bug
08-19-2001, 08:56 AM
Hi Boo, I just tried hitting the website on my post and they seemed to work fine for me. Did you give it another try?

Has anyone on WC had any trouble bring up my website? If so please let me know and I'll have it check out to see if there is some problem on this end.

colorme
08-19-2001, 10:35 AM
Bug, your site it's working on my computer.

bug
08-19-2001, 10:46 AM
Hey Thanks I was getting a bit worried.
Do you have any work posted on WC that I could take a look see at? If not would you consider posting something.

I find any kind of art work interesting and can't seem to get tired of seeing everyones talents.:D

colorme
08-19-2001, 10:51 AM
Hey Bug, I have a few paintings posted on this forum, look around!:)

david ward
08-19-2001, 12:29 PM
Hiya SP Bug

Nice to see you in here and well done at figuring it out yourself. Nice rooster - haven't seen this one before.

David