PDA

View Full Version : Neices

baquitania
08-16-2001, 04:51 AM
This is what happens when you let A) Mal out paint you, and B) you paint at 4am in the morning... These are my neices from San Francisco at the beach in Monterray... I am still struggling with the sky and the water, but only cause I drank decaf (when in doubt blame the coffee)... hope you like... Bobby

YLCIA
08-16-2001, 08:12 AM
It is absolutely darling! what kind of support did you use: masonite board, streched canvas?
Julia

cchapla1
08-16-2001, 11:10 AM
I really like this, looks so spontaneous, lots of movement in the water and clouds. :clap:

jheinrich
08-16-2001, 07:14 PM
hey bobby-

looking good- I wish the girl's face had the same lively brushstrokes as the rest ... she seems out of place when the rest fits nicely together.

especially the water is a lovely color ... what did you use for the water?

also, do you use filberts?

jeanette*

LDianeJohnson
08-16-2001, 07:55 PM
baquitania

Beautiful, spontaneous look! Two things:

The sky is good, with one slight adjustment...it is in the same shape as the distant hills (left side).

Secondly, The foreground girl's feet meet with the bottom of the painting, thereby making her look like you ran out of room. don't be afraid to take her legs straight down, off the painting so the viewer becomes more part of the scene. Or, perhaps in the scanning of this there is more beach below her feet which is fine. For her height however, it visually feels like her legs should be somewhat longer.

Very refreshing and lively piece.

Diane

MALARKEY
08-17-2001, 04:31 PM
Hey Bobby, I like your painting too. You got some great movement going on with the surf and the little girl's hair. :cool:

baquitania
08-19-2001, 03:48 AM
Thank you Diane, I will keep that in mind... the sky happened like the water and the sand, as a happy accident. But you're right I should be more aware, just can't seem to consider that at 4am :D

Jnet, the water was made using ultramarine & sap green, and watered down alot, and the girl's face was down from a blow up, which is why it's more detailed, and actually my brother likes it, he says it has her personality...

cchapla1, yeah got lucky with the water, the filbert brush did all the work...

YCLIA, this like almost everything I paint acrylic on is common1/4 inch thick foamcore, it curls with too much water, but this was done in relatively less than 2 hours worth of time, so I did not have time to over work it :D and I never work on anything over 4hrs, it's just my personal limit...

Malarkey, thanks... btw my brother loved yours also...