PDA

View Full Version : Can we see your pencils?

Shirl
08-14-2001, 03:55 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/14-Aug-2001/cpencils.JPG

Saw this little gadget the other day and made an excuse to buy it for a "colored pencil holder." Works pretty well! The top tier has the unsharpened pencils, the second tier has the pencils I use, plus other stuff, and the third has some sample small pencils. I can imagine what you pros have versus my beginner's collection. Can we see how you're set up while you're working? (Yep, had to clean up before the photo :).)

Shirl

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

arlene
08-14-2001, 06:44 PM
here's my fancy setup...I use a food container to store em...and take out the one's i'm using and stick em in a plastic drinking cup. My electric and hand held pencil sharpener are right next to me, as well as paper towel's for wiping the pencils after I sharpen them.

TeAnne
08-14-2001, 08:26 PM
I will have to take a digi for ya. :D

Ivyleaf
08-15-2001, 03:30 AM
Oh, Shirl, I love that holder!!! Much prettier than my setup...LOL...I will take photos tomorrow, I'll all photo'd out tonight...lol...

pencils4me
08-15-2001, 11:28 AM
Shirl you look way to organized for me!!!!:D
That is a very pretty pencil holder though - kinda spruces things up for you!

Showing you my pencils would require cleaning my workspace....
:evil: ;) if you know what i mean.......

Will have to take a photo - no digital camera yet :crying: - guess whats on my christmas list?

LOL!
TJ

MissMouse
08-15-2001, 01:25 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Aug-2001/setup.jpg
I like to draw in the early morning outside, in the winter months I draw in an east facing sun porch. The pencils in the box are the current ones I am using. On my wish list is prisma color black grape. TJ I hope you get that camera from Santa.

Ivyleaf
08-15-2001, 01:56 PM
:) Here is my setup. It's currently in the living room, next to the big window we have there :) It's on a U shaped desk, one side is mine for the art stuff, the other side holds the computer and printer, scanner, etc. and misc. stuff goes between the two ;) Oh, under the desk also stores my papers, misc. art magazines and other "stuff" necessary for creation...LOL. Glad this isn't the watercolor thread, I'd really have to clean up my studio for that...LOL...all the watercolor stuff is actually in the studio instead of the living room...lol...

You too have a lovely holder Miss Mouse, I must get myself something fancier...LOL...

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Aug-2001/ivysetup.jpg

MissMouse
08-15-2001, 02:21 PM
Ivy I really like that eraser in the foreground :)
whats that I see the same one in my box! I am envious of that big box of prisma color pencils. This winter we are working on a room upstairs off our bedroom it will be a studio and computer room. And if I am really good Santa might bring me skylights for it.

Ivyleaf
08-16-2001, 12:58 AM
You know, that's the best little eraser ;) Everyone should have one or two of those lying around ;) Oh, the only reason I have the big box is cause I got them on sale...was in the right place at the right time by accident...lol... :D And YAY for you for the new studio, you must take photos :)

TeAnne
08-16-2001, 08:28 PM
Sorry, did done forgot to take pic. Will do, promise. :)

Leaflin
08-17-2001, 12:57 PM
This is an old leather briefcase that my Dad took to work with him ever since I can remember.
It has been to work in Canada, England and the USA.
When my Dad retired 11 years ago he gave me his briefcase.
I took foamboard, made some dividers, and with papier mache' covered the inside base.
Presto a pencil box.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/17-Aug-2001/CP2.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/17-Aug-2001/CP1.jpg

ironhorse
08-17-2001, 01:18 PM
Ok you asked for it! I did not clean up for this photo! I'm working on my coloured pencils at the coffee table right now. And doing my watercolour in the studio. So heres some pics of them both
Twyla

http://www.kodiaknet.com/ironhorse/wc/pencils.jpg

http://www.kodiaknet.com/ironhorse/wc/studio2.jpg

http://www.kodiaknet.com/ironhorse/wc/studio.jpg

pencils4me
08-17-2001, 02:01 PM
LOL!!!!

Out of all of these photos Twylas hits closest to home for mee!:D

Leaflin thats wonderful!

:D
TJ

Shirl
08-17-2001, 04:35 PM
What varied setups!! Ivyleaf is meticulous, Arlene is down-to-earth (how'd she get that pencil to balance there??), Leaflin is ingenious, Pam and Twyla are very normal LOL!

I sure like Leaflin's setup, I would like to get the pencils separated by color too.

Keep 'em coming.....!

Shirl

Lulu
08-17-2001, 07:56 PM
Fascinating!!! lol
I am not currently working with c pencils (and they are away all neat and tidy:)) but when I am what I WOULD be worried about is you seeing photos of the rest of the house!!!:D:D I hardly draw breath let alone do anything else when I'm lost in the world of c p's.:D:D

MissMouse, that looks a lovely drawing of the flower in the vase -
and how lovely to be able to sit outside and draw in the early morning at the moment.
Ivy, I didn't know the boxes did that!!! And you've got TWO boxes!!! And you're way too tidy too;)

Ivyleaf
08-19-2001, 06:32 PM
Tidy??? Meticulous??? :confused: Oh, please don't ask to see the rest of the house...ROFL...The only thing I keep somewhat organized around here are the art supplies...LOL. And yes, there's two boxes there Lulu ;) the 48's just weren't enough, had to get the 120's...lol...I love how the boxes stand like that, though I'm sure mine are going to need some duct tape one of these days...lol...as well the trays come out and stack up on top of each other flat and they have these plastic holder thingys that you can put them on to keep them from rolling, but I rather like them vertical, I can see them better that way. Don't know what I will do when I use them so much they get short on me...oh, wait, I'll just buy some more ;)

Leaflin, talk about portable! I love it! That's a great way to carry the pencils and supplies on-the-go!!! What a wonderful treasure you have there!!

Twyla...lol...never enough space for art supplies, got to love it when they start to take over 2 rooms in the house :) :) :)

Shey
08-20-2001, 11:30 PM
Hi all.....I have not posted in this forum before. I'm thrilled to see that there is a colored pencil forum here at WC! I'm pretty new here, and very new to colored pencils, but here is my collection so far......

Shey

Shey
08-20-2001, 11:35 PM
This is what I keep my Prismacolors in. It is actually a kitchen tool holder from "Pampered Chef" which is a home party plan company that sells kitchen items, kinda like tupperware they bring everything to your house. Anyway it's GREAT! it spins and I can keep all my pencils in their color family, blues in one section, greens in another and so on. Really a big help when I need to find a specific color quickly!

Shey

Shey
08-20-2001, 11:41 PM
Last but not least...here is my studio. Nothing too great just one corner of my living room. I am forced to keep it clean however because it's the first thing you see when you walk in my front door! My chidren are taking up all the bedrooms so I'll just have to wait till one moves out. (I think I have a long wait ahead of me!) It's been fun peeking into everyones studios, as soon as I have some colored pencil works finished I'll have to post them. Have fun with your pencils!!!:clap:

Ivyleaf
08-21-2001, 10:20 AM
Shey, what a nice setup you have there :) Welcome to WC and the CP forum, it was lovely chatting with you last night :) Don't be a stranger!

Shey
08-21-2001, 12:55 PM
Thanks so much!!! I had a great time chatting too. I will be back in the chatroom soon I promise!

Shey

Shirl
08-21-2001, 07:38 PM
Hey Shey, you're just going to have to mess up your setups a little!! Much, much too neat. Sure like your kitchen holder.

Hope to see some of your work soon!

Shirl

TeAnne
08-21-2001, 10:17 PM
I would love to see the one on the easle please :D

Shey
08-23-2001, 12:16 PM
If you go to the pastel forum she is there. This is a painting of my youngest daughter Erin. She was nine at the time. I have not finished her yet. Her hair is giving me some trouble as it is very curly, but I am working on her today hopefully will finish as I have 4 more portraits to do!

Have a great day!! :D :D

Leaflin
08-23-2001, 01:19 PM
I love all the neat setups everyone has
Thanks for commenting on my pencilbox/brief case.
It has such sentimental value to me.

I keep my airbrush paint in a travel case that my Mom used to carry her roller skates around in when she was a kid.

I keep my watercolours in an old liquor travel case and my acrylics in a briefcase I rescued from goodwill.

All have been given a new life with papier mache'

My oil paints are actually in an old metal box ment for oil paints!

ironhorse
08-23-2001, 05:16 PM
Heres a cool shot for ya all. I used to work at a art supply store....can you say hard on the payCheque!!.... I took this photo in hopes of doing it as a still life. Hay how easy xould it have been all the colours you'd need are right there! Well the photo dident thrill me as much as I thought. Would have been batter if I could have taken the stand out in natural light instead of useing a flash. Oh well still a cool shot!
Twyla
http://www.kodiaknet.com/ironhorse/wc/jwpencils.jpg

arlene
08-23-2001, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by ironhorse
Heres a cool shot for ya all. I used to work at a art supply store....
http://www.kodiaknet.com/ironhorse/wc/jwpencils.jpg

Now that's the kind of pencil setup I'd love...hmmm, how to make it work! Imagine just turning to the side and pulling out whatever color you want, and having enough of each color not to worry about running out.

You know you're a CP addict when the above statement is your idea of heaven. :rolleyes:

Shirl
08-23-2001, 06:19 PM
Can you imagine!!! We could just have that electric pencil sharpener burning up, never stopping. Sharpen them all and go to town!!

Thought these were Twyla's pencils until I read......:D :D :D :D

Shirl

MissMouse
08-23-2001, 06:26 PM
Arlene you made my day. :D

TeAnne
08-23-2001, 07:07 PM
As promised :) Here is where I do my drawings. If you look closely, vinni-van can be seen under the table :cat:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/23-Aug-2001/DCP_0003.jpg
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/23-Aug-2001/DCP_0004.jpg
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/23-Aug-2001/DCP_0005.jpg

Shey
08-23-2001, 07:49 PM
Great pencil collection TeAnne!! Can I ask what kind of black paper are you working on? I need to get some but have no idea what kind to get! Beautiful kitty you have there too!!

Shey

TeAnne
08-23-2001, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by Shey
Great pencil collection TeAnne!! Can I ask what kind of black paper are you working on? I need to get some but have no idea what kind to get! Beautiful kitty you have there too!!

Shey Hi Shay, thanks :) I have been using the Windsor and Newton black paper. I found that they have a visual diary made up in black. The Heather drawing is done on the Folk art black paper/card. It's great to work on. :D

Ivyleaf
08-23-2001, 11:32 PM
Twyla, that looks a lot like heaven to me!

TeAnne, wow, look at all those lovely tins!!! And such a lovely admirer there too :) .

TeAnne
08-24-2001, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by Ivyleaf
Twyla, that looks a lot like heaven to me!

TeAnne, wow, look at all those lovely tins!!! And such a lovely admirer there too :) . I wonder if heaven will have cps for us. :evil: Thanks Ivyleaf, vinni -van is never too far away from me :cat:

pencils4me
08-24-2001, 08:20 PM
It sure is fun to peek inside everyones "creative" space! I think my personal favorite is the pacifier and baby monotor on Twylas table! :D

Hi Shey and welcome!

Well here is part of my "space" When we built this house I insisted that I have more lights in my drawing room....... so I got 2 windows, 4 canned lights recessed in the cieling, lights on the cieling fan and lights attached to my table! ;) You guys know the importance of good lighting........ my husband thinks I plan on landing air planes hee hee hee..........:D :D

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/24-Aug-2001/studio1.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LOL! and here:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/24-Aug-2001/Studio2.jpg

and most importantly my personal late night critic:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/24-Aug-2001/studiocritic1.jpg

TJ

MissMouse
08-24-2001, 09:28 PM
I wonder if I come over for coffee will there be a cup for me. This sure is a fun thread. All those kitties makes me want one.

Shirl
08-25-2001, 12:10 AM
TJ, your desk looks like mine, except mine is level--too much stuff on it right now. Was my birthday present from me to me.

Hope you don't mistake your morning cup of coffee!! :D:D

Shirl

Ivyleaf
08-25-2001, 12:34 AM
Ohhhhhhhh, I envy the lighting TJ!!! LOL can't have too many lights ever!

pencils4me
08-25-2001, 09:04 AM
LOL! miss mouse! of course there would be a cup for you! I have extras!!!:D Actually i bought these to paint and never finished the project so...................I put them to use ;)

Here kitty kitty kitty...................................LOL! "Rocky" was one of a litter of kittens that was abandoned by a neighbor in our uncles neighborhood. She came over and picked us..... that was about 6 years ago. She is an inside cat only because shes not the smartest cat that there is ...... but we love her anyway. :D

Shirl - I love to buy myself birthday presents!! LOL! This one came from a yard sale, I think my mom paid 10 dollars for it. LOL!
I used to have it level, but my neck was bothering me so I tipped it up, but now the darn pencils won't lay on it!! :D

Ivy - I told my hubby one day i would like to try sculpture and i needed the lights!!! :D I took these photos at night without a flash............. but i don't usually use them all at once. Hee Hee Hee.............

I agree this is a fun thread!!

TJ

Ivyleaf
06-11-2002, 02:07 AM
Well now it's been a while since we started this thread, has anyone changed their setup? Anyone new to CP's want to show their setup?

I've changed mine up a lot since first starting out...lol...I've gone to a big box to hold them all...not so organized as before. Will take pics to share soon!

:) :) :)
Ivy

TeAnne
06-11-2002, 08:47 PM
YEP, I got me a big box of Prismas :D Or I should say Daryl did :D He is a sweety. I loves him :evil: Will post a pic for ya.

kiwicockatoo
06-12-2002, 09:29 AM
Now how did I miss this thread the first time around? I can't believe how neat some of you people are! Here's a picture of my setup. When I'm working my 'puter and scanner are directly behind me:
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-Jun-2002/studiobase.jpg
And here's a closeup of my pencils. It's a 60 pencil set my husband bought me when we had just started dating, I think I was for my 19th birthday, or our first xmas...anyway the box is metal and is one of my most treasured possessions. I don't use very many colors - about half of the colors here are the originals and one I just sharpened for the first time yesterday! I like to use a pretty limited pallet. As you can see, I'm not big on neatness.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/12-Jun-2002/studiobase2.jpg

arlene
06-12-2002, 03:48 PM
um brenda, that's not neat? sigh....

kiwicockatoo
06-12-2002, 04:16 PM
Ahhhh...I guess you caught me on a good day.:evil:

If I could afford more pencils, it would be a lot messier, I promise!

TeAnne
06-12-2002, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by TeAnne
YEP, I got me a big box of Prismas :D Or I should say Daryl did :D He is a sweety. I loves him :evil: Will post a pic for ya.

Here is pic :D

Ivyleaf
06-12-2002, 07:18 PM
Wow, TeAnne, now I'm really jealous!!!! Look at all those pencils!!!!!! What a great collection!

:D :D :D
Ivy

P.S. What ones you getting next??? :evil:

TeAnne
06-12-2002, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by Ivyleaf
Wow, TeAnne, now I'm really jealous!!!! Look at all those pencils!!!!!! What a great collection!

:D :D :D
Ivy

P.S. What ones you getting next??? :evil:

OMG Dagz would kill me. :evil: No more

sundiver
06-12-2002, 10:27 PM
Don't have a digital camera. But I have 9 frozen-juice can thingys jammed into a little wooden tangerine box, and the pencils are organized by color groups. I just did it last week and am happy with it...was going to cover up the cans with mac-tac or something, but....nah!

jinn
06-13-2002, 05:00 AM
Because I have an obsession for labelling things... ;)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/13-Jun-2002/colorpencils-labeled.jpg

And because I have a thing about having a lot of color handy. :D

Hmm. The drugs off to the left, for those of you that can pick them out, is flonase and zyrtec. I know someone will ask eventually. :)

Beau
06-13-2002, 05:22 PM
Well......Heres my 400 or so Prismacolor Pencils...

Most of them at 10 cents each....I couldnt resist!

Beau

PS.Do hard and soft Pastels and oil bars count?..........What about stuff we dont normally put out like sets of Bruynzeel's or several hundred other cp's left over from teaching kids in the local schools? !!

Thats about it except for all my paints and brushes!

TeAnne
06-13-2002, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by Beau
Well......Heres my 400 or so Prismacolor Pencils...

Most of them at 10 cents each....I couldnt resist!

Beau

!

Prismas @ 10˘ ea??????????? Nah, I gotta have that wrong.

I need some reds :D

Beau
06-13-2002, 07:24 PM
Yep Factory fresh boxes of prismacolors at 10 cents each.....They were 25 cents each ...maybe a little less when Arlene was here teaching last summer.....but now the loose ones are 10 cents each.

They come from a junk store here that buys out companies going bankrupt....Must have had an art store go under that day....Prismacolor hard pastels for the same price....about a dollar a box.....I even sold a bunch of em on ebay and here in WC for a while

Beau

TeAnne
06-13-2002, 07:31 PM
Yep Factory fresh boxes of prismacolors at 10 cents each.....They were 25 cents each ...maybe a little less when Arlene was here teaching last summer.....but now the loose ones are 10 cents each.

They come from a junk store here that buys out companies going bankrupt....Must have had an art store go under that day....Prismacolor hard pastels for the same price....about a dollar a box.....I even sold a bunch of em on ebay and here in WC for a while

Beau

Have you any left? For sale I mean? I'm in dire need of reds.
Ussing a lot of red @ the moment and all they do is break Grrrrrrrr. Must have been dropped a lot between USA and Queensland then West Oz.

Beau
06-14-2002, 08:06 PM
Teanne I'll be going back up to the store and seeing what they have left this weekend so I'll try to let you know over the next few days ok?....I just bought a box of each color when I was there for myself and the small sets to sell...matter of fact I'll get all I can and see if I can unload em here in the forum dirt cheap!

Beau

TeAnne
06-14-2002, 08:09 PM
Teanne I'll be going back up to the store and seeing what they have left this weekend so I'll try to let you know over the next few days ok?....I just bought a box each when I was there for myself and the small sets to sell...matter of fact I'll get all I can and see if I can unload em here in the forum dirt cheap!

Beau

I am very interested in the reds. I'll be totally committed to what you can get for me.

JustjoGA
06-14-2002, 09:03 PM
TeAnne... besides being GREEN with envy for your extensive pencil collection, I noticed a very pretty little blue cat figurine sitting in your set-up. Is he a mascot? a keepsake? There must be a story!

Presently most of my art supplies are sitting in boxes because I have no room in my postage stamp apartment. But when I move, half the living room will be studio!!

Twin
06-15-2002, 06:15 AM
One day when I get a digital camera or scanner, I will be able to show you my studio - aka My Bedroom.
But I can describe it for you??
At this stage, I have one of those big old wooden sewing boxes, that open out into three sections from the middle. I have most of my paints (I usually work with oil), brushes etc. Aswell as my aqaurells, water soluble oil pastels, normal oil pastels, leads, and my set of derwent pencils.
Its not very ergonomic ( when drawing, I sit against my bed on the floor, with a lamp next to me - Im almost in the process of getting a more appropriate light in my room. And when paiting, I have my easle) but it suits me fine. :D
One day i will post a photo! :p

Elankat
06-15-2002, 11:50 PM
My "studio" is a corner of our living room/guest room. I'm pretty proud of the set up because it is taking maximum advantage of a small space.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Jun-2002/space1.JPG

If you look under the drafting table, beside the chair, and under the desk, you will see white stackable file boxes. These are filled with any "safe" art & craft supplies, such as masking tape, felt, my son's crayolas, etc. Basically, anything that is non-toxic, non-sharp, and non-breakable. I have an upright file for pads of paper. The good stuff in in big files behind the piano in another room. The desk has art supplies that are locked up (oil paint, turpenoid, fixative, etc.). All hazardous items are in clear boxes in the top of the closet.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Jun-2002/Space2.JPG

I borrowed the carousel idea from someone in this thread. Originally, that carousel was in my little flameworking studio (that I have yet to use) holding tools. So, I brought it downstairs for colored pencils. The outer tier holds the most frequent used pencils by color group. The middle tier hold the VG, G, & E lightfastness pencils by color group. The center section holds all pencils with a poor lightfastness rating.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/15-Jun-2002/Space3.JPG

My spare pencils. Boxed sets bought off ebay and the glass jar for my open stock purchases.

TracyN
06-16-2002, 12:25 AM
Here's mine. I made the box from rolled up index cards (122 of them, kept me busy for an afternoon) fitted into a cut down Priority Mail box. they just happen to fit perfectly! I keep them in number order using my color charts as a reference. I like this system because I can see at a glace when I'm getting low on a particular color. The box sits on a flat-paper storage cabinate right next to my chair for easy access.

TeAnne
06-16-2002, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by JustjoGA
TeAnne... besides being GREEN with envy for your extensive pencil collection, I noticed a very pretty little blue cat figurine sitting in your set-up. Is he a mascot? a keepsake? There must be a story!

Presently most of my art supplies are sitting in boxes because I have no room in my postage stamp apartment. But when I move, half the living room will be studio!!

Thanks Justjo :)

No, not a Mascot, just one of two kitties in my collection. It's a set up of the 'still life' Arlene has us doing. :eek: WIP can be seen HERE (http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=466486#post466486)

iridemft78
06-17-2002, 12:05 AM
Maybe it's just me but I do sometimes get annoyed with colored pencil set packaging...It seems to range from a cardboard box (which soon falls apart leaving you to find another container...) to a nice flat metal case or wooden box that holds only the pencils it came with (what about the ones whose box fell apart or those singles you bought for a special project/use all the time?) Wouldn't it be nice to put them all in one spot? *pulls hair out*
The pampered chef thing is waaay coool :D
Thanks for sharing all your pics...it is always fun to see other peoples organization tactics (or lack thereof).

Shell
06-17-2002, 05:54 PM
TracyN I really like your box! It's great. I have this fear of running out of my pencil only to find out that I have no more in that color. This is the perfect answer. Thanks for sharing!

Shell:)

chookbrown
08-09-2002, 12:57 AM
Even though this is a pretty old thread I thought I would show my setup. The blue plastic cups are glued to a piece of cardboard so they don't tip over. I would really like a better solution with more compartments. Back to the drawing board.

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Aug-2002/pencils.jpg

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Aug-2002/studio.jpg

Colleen

Brooke
08-09-2002, 02:09 PM
My studio is under Brooke - my studddio. I don't know how to transfer the picture to this site, but thre it iss if you're interested.

chookbrown
08-09-2002, 04:51 PM
Thanks Brooke, I'll be sure to take a look. It's always interesting to see other people's setup.

Cheers,

Colleen :)

TeAnne
08-09-2002, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by Brooke
My studio is under Brooke - my studddio. I don't know how to transfer the picture to this site, but thre it iss if you're interested.

Brooke - my studddio. Where can we find this?

ArtWench
08-10-2002, 11:03 AM
This has been a very interesting thread and I now have some ideas about how I would like to change my setup a bit. For now, this is how I've organized my pencils:

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/10-Aug-2002/CPsetup.jpg http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/10-Aug-2002/CPsetup2.jpg

I keep the sharpened pencils in the rotating storage; the pencils which I'm currently using go in the whiskey glass; unsharpened pencils go in the first drawer; and finally, Verithins & the color sticks go in the second drawer. The third drawer is a jumble of sharpeners, eraser shields, extenders, etc. while the fourth drawer is where I keep my other sets of pencils such as my Mongol WC pencils and my Contés.

ArtWench
08-10-2002, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by Shey
This is what I keep my Prismacolors in. It is actually a kitchen tool holder from "Pampered Chef" ...

LOL! Great minds think alike! I have two of these... One for CPs and the other for paintbrushes! The are terrific!

ArtWench
08-10-2002, 11:42 AM
Teanne I'll be going back up to the store and seeing what they have left this weekend so I'll try to let you know over the next few days ok?....I just bought a box of each color when I was there for myself and the small sets to sell...matter of fact I'll get all I can and see if I can unload em here in the forum dirt cheap!

Beau

Beau... Did you ever get the Prismacolors? Gee... I get busy & look at what I miss!

Big Jack
08-10-2002, 01:30 PM
Great thread with many good ideas. I store my pencils in plastic popsicle containers, the kind you freeze at home. I got them at the Dollar Store. I keep one for the pencils I'm using on the current project. The table is a wooden TV dinner type tray from Walmart.

Jack

ArtWench
08-10-2002, 01:33 PM
What a terrific idea, Big Jack! Now that is some creative thinking! :D

Brooke
08-13-2002, 06:21 PM
I posted it in the Studio Tips Forum. I don't know how to transfer it to this list. I'm not really computer-savy.
But I did the best I could.
Oh, the pastels are sold - a real horror story!