PDA

View Full Version : In need of ideas from children holding hands & playing

gladysharon
02-06-2004, 09:58 AM
Hi,

I am stuck on ideas for my artwork, I intend to do an artwork which shows children in a happy, carefree nature...

I actually drew a bunch of kids holding hands in a circle playing...
I wanted to add some thoughts into it...something profound or deep...other than just painting a bunch of kids playing.

Maybe having a person at the foreground of the artpiece thinking abt her childhood?...

My ideas are around there...and maybe I need some help here please. Anyone can help?

gladysharon
02-06-2004, 10:13 PM
I drew this and I'm stuck for ideas to add more things to the work...maybe add silhouettes of some people around the painting...etc etc...
I think I may consider putting that image in the middle of my painting while some others surround it in the foreground and side

Penny220
02-06-2004, 10:40 PM
I see innocence and hear laughter. If it were me I would add things innocent and playful. Balloons, puppies, flowers. Keep with the bright and cheery rather than hard sillouettes and shadows. Balloons and flowers would also be a great way to add colors that have a punch. Just a thought.

gladysharon
02-07-2004, 08:42 AM
I see innocence and hear laughter. If it were me I would add things innocent and playful. Balloons, puppies, flowers. Keep with the bright and cheery rather than hard sillouettes and shadows. Balloons and flowers would also be a great way to add colors that have a punch. Just a thought.

Hey thanks Penny, I'll sure add those somewhere...I almost neglected abt the "hearing" part.

I actually had the thought based on Winslow Homer's Snap The Whip painting:
http://www.oac.state.oh.us/grantsprogs/internationalimages/P_1011.JPG
and I wanted to do a totally different one but the idea is somewhat there...giving a carefree, happy, innocent concept.
I'm hesitating about where and how I should place the people...maybe in a garden park?!...or somewhere giving it an imaginary feeling.

I wanted to add some birds or doves holding wings and flying in the middle of the children...to symbolise Joy, Peace and Goodness. Or does anyone think it's too overplayed?!...

Penny220
02-07-2004, 09:12 AM
Background, swings, jungle gym or brick school building. All of these will give a muted warm red that will contrast nicely with the blue sky and green grass keeping the painting warm and bright. Adding symbols is a personal choice, some people see them, others don't. People who are looking for them will find them in ANYTHING. I would keep all the busy-ness to the children, keep the eye on the subject so to speak.

Keep a note book of other ideas you might like to incorporate and whatever you don't use in this one you can use in the next and maybe do a series. What you were seeing in shadows could be used in a future painting with children playing in the rain. What you are seeing with the birds can be used with children rushing at a flock and kicking them up. One painting tends to lend enough ideas for many more so don't stop thinking and don't ever scrap any idea!

mame
02-07-2004, 09:16 AM
sometimes "little" ideas are the most profound.
This drawing is - powerfully - a done deal. I'd not touch a hair on its chinny-chin-chin.

tadpole
02-08-2004, 09:49 PM
:clap: I vote with Mame.

gladysharon
02-11-2004, 07:00 AM
Background, swings, jungle gym or brick school building. All of these will give a muted warm red that will contrast nicely with the blue sky and green grass keeping the painting warm and bright. Adding symbols is a personal choice, some people see them, others don't. People who are looking for them will find them in ANYTHING. I would keep all the busy-ness to the children, keep the eye on the subject so to speak.

Keep a note book of other ideas you might like to incorporate and whatever you don't use in this one you can use in the next and maybe do a series. What you were seeing in shadows could be used in a future painting with children playing in the rain. What you are seeing with the birds can be used with children rushing at a flock and kicking them up. One painting tends to lend enough ideas for many more so don't stop thinking and don't ever scrap any idea!

Yeah good idea Penny! I'll sure record down my other ideas and develop them to a series when I'm free!! :D

You guys are right!...sometimes little is good!! ;)

gladysharon
02-18-2004, 12:23 PM
I changed the position of the children so that all can be seen...
I thought of painting the children...having some hints of city buildings in them...in a beach...something like children bring city lights to the non-city side.

One question and suggestion that I wanted to ask is that, I do not wish to paint the children realistic-looking. So anyone could suggest how I should paint it? Cubist?!...blocks...