View Full Version : Abstract OP 9

lgol27
02-05-2004, 09:00 AM
Name : Jealousy
Medium : oil pastels on paper

any comments?

Dyin
02-05-2004, 09:45 AM
expected greens! Well, you made it look like a controlling, yet out of control itself monster...sucking the core out of it's victim. But the thing for me here is that if you didn't title these I would not know what it represents...I would be at a total loss if you really called them OP #_. Only once have I seen abstracts that I knew immediately....and that was because the colors were all related perfectly to colors of the southwest desert here and they were huge so that even though they were random shapes they made you feel arroyos, mountains etc. I guess I don't think abstractly, so sorry I can't give you better feedback.

sundiver
02-05-2004, 10:44 AM
It's nicely balanced. Is the background o.p. too, or the paper by itself?
I can't give a competent critique on an abstract, either, sorry. -But I know what I like lol, and I like this!:D

lgol27
02-05-2004, 11:27 AM
It's nicely balanced. Is the background o.p. too, or the paper by itself?
I can't give a competent critique on an abstract, either, sorry. -But I know what I like lol, and I like this!:D

Thank you. Color of the paper is black.

eileenclaire
02-05-2004, 12:17 PM
I've been wondering about your backgrounds as well. Sometimes there seems to be a gradation of color in them, but I'm guessing that must be a flash from a camera. Can you explain a little of how you go about these? Do you plan them out, composition and color wise, or do you sit down and make decisions as you go along? I imagine you come up with a concept first and take it from there.

lgol27
02-05-2004, 12:50 PM
I've been wondering about your backgrounds as well. Sometimes there seems to be a gradation of color in them, but I'm guessing that must be a flash from a camera. Can you explain a little of how you go about these? Do you plan them out, composition and color wise, or do you sit down and make decisions as you go along? I imagine you come up with a concept first and take it from there.

Almost all of my paintings I do on black paper. So any changes in background color are from the camera.

How do I do it?

This is a difficult one. Sometimes I got only a concept, and I just go with it. Sometimes I got the whole picture in my head. Sometimes I got the main form or main colors... Rarely I do scatches, but I never schatch on my work's paper.