PDA

View Full Version : Organising an Art Exhibition...help

paint fx
02-04-2004, 09:24 AM
Good day to you all....perhaps Iam in the wrong place, but I certainly hope Iam in the right place and maybe somewhere, someone can help me out. I am currently feeling very creative, and Iam bursting with energy (maybe it's the moon's influence on my astrological star sign...) but I feel like Iam going to explode. I have thousands of creative, arty farty ideas, that I would like to express on canvas, which Iam currently working on now. But, when Iam ready, in about 2 months time, I would like to organise an exhibition of my work, together with a friend of mine. Perhaps a "cheese and wine" in the park...I am feeling very frustrated as I have no contacts (Iam in South Africa), if there's is anyone who can assist me as to who I should go and see, talk to, get support etc... please let me know. Once my paintings are ready, where do I go??? I am quite able to do my own invitations....but it's getting out there and finding the people in the industry....Please help.
Thank you for a wonderful site,
PAINT FX

Keith Russell
02-04-2004, 09:23 PM
Are there any artists organizations there; local, regional, city-wide? Have you talked to any local gallery owners (or the artists who exhibit locally)? Have you checked with any of the colleges in your area? Art departments, students, etc.?

If there is not a local arts organization, perhaps you could start one...

Best of luck to you; keep us informed of your progress!

K

paint fx
02-05-2004, 04:19 AM
:rolleyes:

Yes, there are quite a few organisations, and departments, and galleries etc... I need to get myself out there and get to know people, it's all about making connections and contacts I suppose. I will let you know how it all progresses....it's a bit slow for the moment, the dreams are all there, it's just a question of making them come true!

Thanks a million,

Keith Russell
02-05-2004, 07:39 PM
...it's all about making connections and contacts I suppose....

Yes!

K