View Full Version : Abstract OP 7

lgol27
02-03-2004, 09:29 AM
Name : The Eye
Medium : oil pastels on paper

Any comments?

Dyin
02-03-2004, 09:39 AM
I like these shapes better than the loops you do...and I like the form of this...sharp in and out of oval like this. If you didn't say it was an eye, then I think I'd interpret it as incoming bits of information...so you did get across that aspect of an eye.

lgol27
02-03-2004, 09:45 AM
I like these shapes better than the loops you do...and I like the form of this...sharp in and out of oval like this. If you didn't say it was an eye, then I think I'd interpret it as incoming bits of information...so you did get across that aspect of an eye.

I am flattered that you really saw it. The sharper shapes paintings are older, when I was younger and more extreme in opinions.

Dyin
02-03-2004, 09:55 AM
Well, I was pleased that I saw it. You're teaching me a bit here...I don't think any artist wants to shut their eyes to growth and understanding, whether it's a style they work in or not.

lgol27
02-03-2004, 01:32 PM
Well, I was pleased that I saw it. You're teaching me a bit here...I don't think any artist wants to shut their eyes to growth and understanding, whether it's a style they work in or not.

You are right. You always can learn something from other's work : how to do things and how not to do them. :)

skintone
02-03-2004, 01:44 PM
I really like this one. It does a great job of pulling you in to take a better look. Plus my eye was forced to move around the outline of the eye with the twist and turns.
BTW is the lighting from the left external, or is it actually painted in?

lgol27
02-03-2004, 01:51 PM
I really like this one. It does a great job of pulling you in to take a better look. Plus my eye was forced to move around the outline of the eye with the twist and turns.
BTW is the lighting from the left external, or is it actually painted in?

Thank you for comments. The light you see is the flash reflection in glass of the frame.