PDA

View Full Version : New in this channel.

Harm Verbeek
02-02-2004, 05:02 PM
Hello,

I'm Harm Verbeek out of the Netherlands. I 'm painting with oilpastels though I also try other mediums.
I paint now frequently for about five years. I don't see myself als a professional. I just paint because I like it.
Here are some of my last oilpastel-paintings.
I'm busy with another ape-drawing with i will post in a while.
I love to get critiques so i can improve my drawings. So if you can help me, do it please.

Greetings from Harm

soap
02-02-2004, 05:06 PM
Hi Harm and welcome!! Those apes look pretty good!
More Dutch people......great!!

Dyin
02-02-2004, 05:26 PM
Harm, no help here....I think these are great! I especially like the musicians and the second one...very cool. Welcome to the forum...maybe you might be interested in the Self Expression project....it's a sticky at the top of the threads...I think you would have an interesting entry! Welcome to the foum and hope to see lots more of your work!

ExpressiveAngie
02-02-2004, 06:29 PM
Wow - what an imagination!
I am loving it.
Angie

Mo.
02-02-2004, 08:14 PM
Hi Harm and welcome, your paintings are a delight to see, they are lively and unique! You obviously like fantasy art too, my favourites are Gollum and the musicians on stage, love the drummer peeking over the top of the drums.:)
You may like to post some of these in the Fantasy and Sci Fi Froum too, I'm sure they would like to see your work.

Mo.:)

CarlyHardy
02-02-2004, 08:23 PM
Hello Harm!
and welcome to the WetCanvas Pastel forum. Your oil pastels are really great....I love the ape! Of course now we'll all be asking questions about how you use your oil pastels! You'll find that we're a very sharing group!
carly

bnoonan
02-02-2004, 09:16 PM
Hello Harm,

That ape is something else!!! Love the expression you've captured on his/her face. Welcome to the fun on this forum. It's a great group of people you will get to know here.

Oh - used to be a Tull fan in my early early days - good job.

BArb

spiral_world
02-03-2004, 01:47 AM
Hi Harm...and welcome
I am newbie too and I can tell you...if you looking for help and advices - you are on the right place...people here are very constructive and supportive ...

I like your ape...looks very different but powerful..ape with character :)

Dragica

skintone
02-03-2004, 10:30 AM
Hi Harm welcome!!

Question for you: What brand of op's are you using? What kind of paper?

Harm Verbeek
02-03-2004, 05:42 PM
Hello,

Thanks for all the encouraging remarks. Mostly i draw on Fabriano paper 160 grs. 20 by 25 inches. When i'm drawing I usely first use Gallery oilpastels to set the drawing up the first time. Then I go on with Talens van Goghoilpastels. They are softer than the Gallerypastels. At the end I use Latoya oilpastels they are really smooth and those I use to give an extra accent.
When I'm painting and I'm half way I sometimes use White Spirit to mix, but aften I just mix with my fingers. Sometimes I use tissue but with my fingers I can give more structure to the mixing.
With small parts I sometimes use eartips( I think you call them this way in english) to get p.e. eyes right like I want. Sometimes I use coulourpencils to get the right things.
I try to use the right amount of different coulours to get the right painting.
P.e. in the fur of the ape I used about twelve different coulours.

Greetings Harm Verbeek

Dyin
02-03-2004, 05:46 PM
Hello,

Thanks for all the encouraging remarks. Mostly i draw on Fabriano paper 160 grs. 20 by 25 inches. When i'm drawing I usely first use Gallery oilpastels to set the drawing up the first time. Then I go on with Talens van Goghoilpastels. They are softer than the Gallerypastels. At the end I use Latoya oilpastels they are really smooth and those I use to give an extra accent.
When I'm painting and I'm half way I sometimes use White Spirit to mix, but aften I just mix with my fingers. Sometimes I use tissue but with my fingers I can give more structure to the mixing.
With small parts I sometimes use eartips( I think you call them this way in english) to get p.e. eyes right like I want. Sometimes I use coulourpencils to get the right things.
I try to use the right amount of different coulours to get the right painting.
P.e. in the fur of the ape I used about twelve different coulours.

Greetings Harm Verbeek

I never heard of Latoya...what do they look like and do you know of a website for them? I use Fabriano Tiziano a lot...love it. Hope we'll see more of you around here...love the ops!!!

Harm Verbeek
02-05-2004, 08:25 AM
I never heard of Latoya...what do they look like and do you know of a website for them? I use Fabriano Tiziano a lot...love it. Hope we'll see more of you around here...love the ops!!!

Hello,

Latoya are Belgium made oilpstels. They are really soft and easy to mix.
Last summer it was some days 30 degrees Celsius and then they where so soft you had to lay them in the refrigarator. I mostly use Latoya Pastels to give an extra accent. I couldnot find an webpage about them.
In the Netherlands you can get them at Peter van Ginkel Artshop.

Greetings Harm

meowmeow
02-05-2004, 03:36 PM
Welcome!
What interesting paintings...great colors and liveliness!

Sandy