PDA

View Full Version : new work

jackson
08-12-2001, 12:08 PM
first posting of one of my works

Network
acrylic,oil paintstick,crayon on canvas
57,54in
(cant show the painting as i want it to be because of the size limits,can see it better on my page,in my bio)

SanDL
08-12-2001, 03:54 PM
It's an interesting piece. The subject matter is in such contrast with the form of your painting. One might say that something called "network" would be about the digital revolution shown in all it's visual slickness. But yours looks rough, primitive even perhaps suggesting the primitiveness of the humans that are behind all the technological sophistication. Got any more?

cagathoc
08-12-2001, 05:47 PM
First off I see a blackboard; a blackboard with chalk marks - a school lesson? But wait behind the black creeps out burnt sienna the color of life or dried blood. A lesson about life or death?

I see broadcasting; trademarking. I see homes invaded - small x's cross them out. The broadcasts are invading our homes.

And then a series of squares; squares and numbers - squares with names next to them. The braodcasts treat people in a homoginized way; ignoring their individuality. People are just numbers to the broadcasters.

Where is the way out? It must be through that burnt sienna color openings; for sure.