PDA

View Full Version : Identity crisis........

Celia
01-30-2004, 03:46 PM
Well........ maybe not a crisis,..... but at least a confusion....... I'm basically a graphite artist who would really like to branch out inot some color...... I'd like to do it ALL...... but realizing the impossibility of that, I've chosen to try pastels and colored pencils (watercolor pencils, at that)...... I printed one of my drawings onto pastel paper and am playing with both pastels and the pencils........ I'm finding that my inexperience doesn't give me enough detail with the pastels, not enough POW with the pencils....... are there some good links which can help me with those issues?...... also, I'm trying to decide the best way to blend....... I've read of many methods and tried some........ those who use tissues, do you wrap the tissue singly around your finger, or fold it, or what seems to work best?.........

This is my first attempt......... like I say, it's a hybrid wip...... and I'm enjoying the ride..........

celia

CarlyHardy
01-30-2004, 11:31 PM
Hi Celia,
As you can see, I moved your post from the Library so that members of the forum would see it!

You may want to take a look at some of the threads in the Library. There is an index which will save you some time since you can look by subjects. Also check out some of the demonstration threads which are listed. There are several which will give you ideas about blending and how to incorporate your pastels with colored pencils.

I know you will enjoy pastels....they can be very challenging but also very rewarding!
carly