lgol27
01-28-2004, 01:36 AM
Name : Making Love
medium : oil pastels on paper
size : 19 x 24 inch

any comments?

Kathryn Wilson
01-28-2004, 07:39 AM
You've got quite an imagination! Lots of interesting shapes and colors. How are you liking the OP's for this type of work? What paper do you use and what brand OP's? Do you work mainly in abstract and how did you get started doing this?

Inquiring minds want to know - :D

Dyin
01-28-2004, 10:20 AM
One thing about abstracts, the title can lead you through it so you can at least have your own interpretation. Your line work color makes me think of weaving.

lgol27
01-28-2004, 02:32 PM
How are you liking the OP's for this type of work?

I think that OP are the best medium for abstract works. It is fast (so you don't need to wait when it dries), so you can catch your feelings at the moment and put them in painting. OP are my primary material.

What paper do you use and what brand OP's?

I had started with Holbein, moved to Van Gogh, and I use mostly Sennelier. The paper I use is black Canson Mi-Teintes, or sometimes I use watercolor paper.

Do you work mainly in abstract and how did you get started doing this?

I work only in abstract, I have even abstract portraits (you can see them on my site (http://www.geocities.com/lgol27/LeoPictures.htm)). How did I start? It's a difficult one. Well, as far as I remember I had a crash on a girl, but my feelings were left unanswered, so I tried to express them somehow. I had draw them on paper with a ball pen. By the chance, another girl gave me a present (a block of black paper and a set of Holbeins). That is how I started in short.

lgol27
01-28-2004, 02:35 PM
Your line work color makes me think of weaving.
You know a lot of people say that it looks like a knitting or some kind of fabrics. One person even suggested to me to start a career in fabrics design.