PDA

View Full Version : Little Boy Blue (Suede Matboard example)

pencils4me
08-10-2001, 11:48 AM
Some of you may have seen this in the portrait forum, or the cp gallery........ I apologize if you have.....

Erin - this is one of the portraits I did on the suede matboard. I picked up this piece from my local framer - they save the scraps (the parts they cut out of the centers) and I pick some up every once in a while. If you want to try this - check with a framer - especially if your "just playing". It is a real pain to scan/photograph though! (check on the acid qualities too!)

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/10-Aug-2001/LittleBoyBlue4.jpg

Have fun!

TJ

ShellyF
08-10-2001, 01:46 PM
Yes I remember this one! This is the one that we all tilt are heads to see :D I love it, glad you posted it here. I am definitely going to look into getting some suede matboard. Thanks TJ

ironhorse
08-10-2001, 03:09 PM
WOW TJ this is beatuiful:clap:
Now I must try this for a support!!!
Twyla

Ivyleaf
08-11-2001, 01:52 AM
Now that's an ornery grin! LOL. Great job, do you have any close up details of the suede matboard???

Shirl
08-11-2001, 02:35 AM
I've always like this one a lot. It better be up on your wall!!!

What is the color of the mat board?

Got a stiff neck :).

Shirl

Leaflin
08-13-2001, 10:52 AM
I remember this too TJ (leaflin is tilting her head)
He looks like a super little person, just makes you smile.

pencils4me
08-13-2001, 11:47 AM
ooppss sorry missed the replies on this thread...... this forum is busy, busy, busy...

thanks leaflin & ivy.

Shirl - it is on my wall at the end of the hallway. It has its own light to shine on it. (And show the dust of course) This is actually a dark royal blue matboard, I had to post a photo of this because it is kind of large, and I couldn't get the background correct. I used a medium light blue suede mat w/black core and a medium dark blue wood frame.

Twyla - the first thing i ever saw done on this was an eagle at a CPSA show that was here. It was sooooo cooool! I couldn't wait to try it!

Thanks everyone!
TJ