PDA

View Full Version : Drawing game Addon

Mickey_Mouse
01-24-2004, 12:37 PM
This is the drawing game addon post.
I made this becouse im going to lack inspiration soon haha.
So far i posted people i thought where nice and good to draw, how it is up to YOU to help me out!

This is your mission:
Try to think about a famouse person, it can be anything from rockstar to politicus to filmstar, anything famouse will do.

Than reply to this post by telling me who you like :D (I could not find a real picture of mickey mouse, so dont say that :P )

So far we had:
A cat
Bush
Legolas
Aragorn
sandra bullock
and a model....

Than when I look at this forum, and i see a lot of people love to draw a specific person, ill make sure we get to handle that person in the real drawing game.

Also suggestions, tips, or links to usefull things are welcome here.

Enjoy!

SabZero
01-24-2004, 02:16 PM
Lets see, the cast of Star Trek and Star Wars maybe?

Patrick Stewart is a very interesting personality.

Or maybe an alien from a science fiction series/movie ;) that could be interesting... :D

NBrockman
01-24-2004, 03:10 PM
Kervin Costner? I always like his acting.
And another favorite is Sean Connery. :D :D :D

2 cool, kicking butt guys. :p

Rossetti
01-24-2004, 03:22 PM
How about some faces with real character like Mother Theresa or the Pope?

I think we need to stick to faces that most of the group will recognise so I suppose that rules out most politicians.

How about some of the old actors from the past, Spencer Tracy, Bogart, Clark Gable etc?

Regards

Jim

scratchmaster
01-24-2004, 03:43 PM
I don't know if it's necessary for everyone to recognize the subject, but there is someone fun about drawing someone that everyone knows. Here are some ideas I had:

paul newman
marlon brando
robert redford
denzel washington
audrey hepburn
mel gibson
jim croce
bette midler
richard pryer
samuel l. jackson
morgan freeman
bernadette peters
gene hackman
johnny depp
michelle pfeifer
selma hayek
clint eastwood

There are plenty of good photos of these people on the net.

Russ

dragonart
01-24-2004, 03:50 PM
i would have to say albert einstien , or julia roberts

Dreamy
01-24-2004, 05:22 PM
Well I'd have to say:

Sam Elliot
The Cast from the Matrix Movies
Tom Cruise
James Dean
James Gardner
Roy Rogers
Gene Autry
Bob Hope
Betty Davis

hmmmmmm I'll add more when I can think of some lol :clap: :clap: :clap:

JohnK
01-24-2004, 08:19 PM
Lets see, the cast of Star Trek and Star Wars maybe?

Patrick Stewart is a very interesting personality.

Or maybe an alien from a science fiction series/movie ;) that could be interesting... :D

Star Trek would be good. Patrick Stewart was my 1st full portrait (uuugly).
So eventually I will try again... I already picked my next my victim (Mark Twain) before Elvis came up, so even though I'll skip Elvis, I'll be watching...

This post is just to suggest Mark Twain....

NBrockman
01-25-2004, 12:13 AM
hey scratchmaster I like the way you think, Jim Croche, Mel Gibson, Clint Eastwood there would be some more to add on to my list. And uhh, Arnold Schwartz.... (can't even begin to spell that name) :confused: you know who I'm talkin about. lol :D
The Governator you know, my new governor here in CA.
Robert De Niro, is another one of my favs :D

scratchmaster
01-25-2004, 12:32 AM
I think there are some really interesting faces out there, and I agree that Arnold what's-his-name would be fun to try. I like the way that light falls on faces that have lived a little so I hope we get a few of those in the mix.

Russ

JohnK
01-25-2004, 11:27 AM
since LOTR was/is so hot, taking from the movie theme...
how about from Harry Potter series.....

JohnK
01-25-2004, 11:49 AM
are ideas like
http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=161640
within scope of these games?

NBrockman
01-25-2004, 02:52 PM
I'm a big fan of the LOTR series and that would be cool to to Gollum or Gimli the drwarve.
I haven't gotten into Harry Potter though, just isn't as good as LOTR to me. :D

Just kidding, there I go again starting a discussion/ debate
" which one do you like LOTR or HP?" *sports caster voice*
:D

Uhhh, lets not even go there. :angel: Sorry... lol :)

JanetteBC
02-02-2004, 02:47 PM
Been trying to find a good "newer" pic of the older Jack Palance with very little luck.
Betty Davis Jack Klugman
Marilyn Monroe Al Capone
Audrey Hepburn Robert Deniro
Katherine Hepburn David Bowie
Lucille Ball Sly Stalone

Mickey_Mouse
02-02-2004, 03:06 PM
marilyn monroe is a nice one indeed.

Make sure guys, when submitting people. that people all over the world should be able to know the person. so not a american only person or something, get my point?

Harry sounds like fun :D i even thought about Yoda from star wars haha. i will put people from LOTR in again later in the game, so we dont get only lotr people in a row :D

and john, the idea is nice, but that might be a bit hard for people to draw. most people participating in the game are fairly new.

Mickey_Mouse
02-23-2004, 10:23 AM
we are entering the 11th week of the drawing game and we had portraits only so far.

Now listen up and speak your mind!

How would you like to see something els in the drawing game?
portraits is nice but i can imagine it will get bored after a long time.

I have loads of ref pictures of all kinds of animals, that are just awesome to draw or paint.

Please speak your mind and tell me if you like seeing something els for a change, we can give it a try for one week and see what happens and we alwasy free to change things back again.

here are a few options:

Animals
still life (a glass and other stuff)
Nature scenes

I would love to try and do a few animals for a change...

Hope to hear loads of you guys speak your mind

Cheers!

SabZero
02-23-2004, 10:44 AM
Yes, a different theme now and then might be nice to improve rendering skills.

I'd suggest that it'd be something very specific though. Like rendering fur, so for that you need a reference image where we can see well the structure and texture of fur...

Landscapes might be a bit overpowering for the beginners here (me included), how about rendering a certain tree/plant, trying to make the species recognizable?

Still lives could be good to practise rendering realistic lightning conditions in a manageable scene (referring to size)... Aswell as detail and structure/texture.

So yeah! Bring them on! (I know I didn't prticipate in the last games, heh)

Mickey_Mouse
02-23-2004, 12:15 PM
of course all pictures i post are at least 800X600 for all animals, and i have some awesome ones. i agree that landscapes is a little overwelming so i wont do those. and yeah thats what i thought about, just showing a rose or somethin for people to draw and stuff like that.

Hope more people respond like you did :D and maybe we get 5 pages and 2000 views again next game :D

Rose Baggs
02-23-2004, 02:21 PM
Loved you idea...I love drawing portraits..but would be wonderful to try something new and completely different for a change.
What I feel would be even better is If we could get people to give good advice and constructive criticism in each of the drawings...I know that this is just a game..and it's suppose to be just for fun..but I would love to learn more with each piece.
Well...count me in :D

Have a nice day Mike and thanks for this wonderful opportunity!

Rose

Celia
02-24-2004, 04:58 AM
Hi...... I'd go along enthusiastically for drawing some animals in the games..... of course I enjoy the portraits too........ Sophia Loren would be a good model........ and how about Paul Newman for us old gals....... Cary Grant, Rita Hayworth, Ava Gardner, Tiger Woods, ......... or how about an old log cabin...... or a barn.......

Love the games....... thanks for all of your hard work.......

celia

teszeract
02-24-2004, 04:59 PM
Here's my suggestion:

Sidney Poitier (http://www.smu.edu/newsinfo/images/01236d.jpg)

I don't want to draw just "pretty people" any more. Mr Poitier has a face brimming with character and colour.

He would be :cool: