PDA

View Full Version : 2 Felt Tip Comic Pages

baquitania
08-09-2001, 09:33 PM
This was done in a marker sketchbook, with each new frame done after the one before it was finished. Course there was an underlying thought to it all. But I used a felt tip marker, with no pencil lines, so that it forced me to be particular... well I hope you like it... Bobby
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/09-Aug-2001/myth.jpg

artdude
08-10-2001, 07:14 AM
Really enjoyed the felt pen pieces you posted here. Nice line work and panel design :) Is comic book inking something your interested in persuing for your art?

RuthT
08-10-2001, 09:43 AM
High Bobby - a very interesting use for pen and ink, glad you posted it. I particularly like the last frame of the first post. The figure is great - very expressive. Also the shadow pointing to where he is looking. The second to last frame is great too, love the rendering of the cliffs and the way they frame what he is looking at.

baquitania
08-10-2001, 12:01 PM
thank you artdude, nice handle btw, and yes i did at one time, now i just do art for me, more enjoyable that way. but comics are what inpsired me to draw, in particular barry windsor-smith...

ruth you should try some comic page layout, even if you're gonna frame out a joke, it's harder than it looks, but thanks, hey if either of you wanna color these on photo shop please feel free, i don't have the program, but would love to see some results, thanks again... bobby

baquitania
08-23-2001, 02:04 PM
I didn't want to post this in a thread by itself as this is related to this one. But this was gonna be the "front page" or first page inside the story for the story above. Myth was the working title, and the whole thing was done with india ink, that ole messy stuff you use to spill all the time... tell me what you think of it? B.

artdude
08-23-2001, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by baquitania
I didn't want to post this in a thread by itself as this is related to this one. But this was gonna be the "front page" or first page inside the story for the story above. Myth was the working title, and the whole thing was done with india ink, that ole messy stuff you use to spill all the time... tell me what you think of it? B.

:clap:
I like the way the paws slowly turn into a human hand (or vise versa). The male figure is done quite well too. Have you ever thought of coloring any of your comic work?

sherville
09-09-2001, 08:35 AM
You are so good with drawing figures... and with comic Layouts.
I've tried to layout some things in my time... Usually it resulted in an utter mess!

Nathangill
09-21-2001, 11:24 PM
Cool!
I used to do a lot of comic drawing. Don't know what stopped me.

Anyways, I really like this, especially the last frame of the first image, like Ruth.

But, was there meant to be some sort of story in there I missed?

Epicurea
10-03-2001, 12:17 AM
But, was there meant to be some sort of story in there I missed?

The slow transformation of the man into a wolf, after which point he hides in the shadows, watching the woman -- his love, his prey, or perhaps both.

wshuff
10-04-2001, 09:42 PM
I want to read the whole story! I like it!

baquitania
10-19-2001, 10:36 AM
I like Cassandra's explanation alot, sorry wshuff, this was all I ever did. I made this up frame to frame, only with the theme that there was a "skin walker" in the tribe.

Please anyone, feel free to draw the next frame or page... ;)

pencils4me
10-19-2001, 11:35 AM
Way cool bobby -

I guess I'll have to quit picking on your female figures.......that guys got one heck of a six pack goin' on! LOL!

Interesting story line - hmmmmmmm the next page? Maybe I'll think about it - can I bring my cowboys??

LOL

TJ

baquitania
10-19-2001, 11:48 AM
TJ:

Sure you can bring your cowboys, if my "skinwalker" hero can eat their horses in one of the frames, and they better have silver bullets...

Bobby

And quit picking on my female figures... i will go medieval on you!

sherville
10-28-2001, 01:09 AM
Hey, quit picking on medieval stuff! :D

animal
11-01-2001, 09:34 AM
Great Work Bobby! How long did this take you?:angel:

baquitania
11-07-2001, 06:34 PM
Animal:

I believe the cover took the longest, with the word Myth coming after the fact of drawing the figure. The other pages were outline on one of my hour long subway rides, so with that sketching done, the final took less than 3hrs from start to finish for both pages... I work fast, because I hate to wait, have no patience, and shake from too much caffeine, those are all terrible work habits you should avoid like the plague :D

Bobby