PDA

View Full Version : Not sure where to post this?

baquitania
08-09-2001, 08:39 PM
I use to do tracings of old hollywood photographs and then go over them with markers, it had an almost painterly feel to it, cause the marker would stay on the surface of the tracing paper for a few seconds, and you could almost blend. This piece has faded with the test of time, but the scan has a sort of lady of guadalupe effect for me... But here's the question where do I post this in mix media? Is marker considered pen? I will move it to the concensus vote...

paintfool
08-09-2001, 11:48 PM
Bob, this belongs in the 'Alternative mediums/materials' forum. Please visit there soon, along with the 'other mediums' forum. They're really fun yet underused forums!
Cheryl

baquitania
08-10-2001, 01:08 AM
Thanks cheryl, can you move it for me? I am but a lonely senior member, while you are a great and powerful moderator LOL, thanks, I will try to find some more "alternative" stuff... Bobby

paintfool
08-10-2001, 04:15 AM
:) Bob, i will see to it.
Cheryl

MALARKEY
08-10-2001, 04:36 PM
Bobby, this is cool. You made her look golden and statue like. You are so talented... with markers even, my goodness. ;)

sassybird
08-12-2001, 12:01 AM
Bob, this piece is alluring. The figure of the woman first attracted my attention then my eye began to wander about the whole piece. That background is fabulous. All in all I would say you have a hit :clap: :clap:

Leaflin
08-12-2001, 01:19 PM
Bobby
Great piece.
The lady looks like she is entering from another world.
A rebirth. :)

reynolds
10-15-2001, 02:17 AM
this is so beautiful, i love her. she has a real sense of peace about her.

impetuous
10-18-2001, 10:30 PM
yup, this is great! :)
makes me feel all mellow and peaceful!

Sparky
12-24-2001, 10:45 PM
I loved this piece! Do tell, do you pencil sketch onto the tracing paper? Then use markers and actually blend them before they soak in? What do you blend them with?

The background was a real inspiration--I think its strengths nicely counter-balance the soft edges of the lady. Again, these were markers, only you didn't blend them right?

Thanks for the details--