PDA

View Full Version : FL miniature show

Minibrush
01-23-2004, 10:38 AM
The Miniature Art Society of Florida's 29th Annual International Miniature Art Show runs from January 18-February 8, 2004 at the Leepa-Rattner Museum of Art at Taron Springs, FL.

For more information follow this link to MASF...
http://www.miniature-art.com/

(Yes, I do have a few entries in the show.)

Hope someone from WC can attend. If you do, I'd love to hear your impressions of the show.

Minibrush

heh
02-01-2004, 06:16 PM
hooray
i live about 10 minutes away and have been meaning to check that place out for a while now

Minibrush
02-02-2004, 11:02 AM
heh, I sure hope you get the chance to attend. The show will be over this Sunday, the 8th (already!). Whew, time flies by.

Minibrush

The_Colonel
02-07-2004, 11:03 AM
Would be nice if ChampaneHarley would go to that. She's just up in Atlanta and she is great with miniature paintings! :clap:

heh
02-07-2004, 12:55 PM
i just got back. its a small museum but a very lovely one. it holds the work of the artists Rattner, Leepa, and Gentle, plus some work of other more well known artists that were friends of Rattner‘s. most of the work on display is Rattner’s, all very beautiful, i’d recommend the place to anyone who visited the area.

the miniature society had work from its permanent collection displayed in the middle of the hallway, just outside the entrance. there was a well open room next to it that held all the work in the show. it was well organized; the paintings were displayed in big shadow boxes hung on the walls, with a dozen or so in each box. sculptures and metal works were displayed in cases in the center of the room. everything looked nice, well hung, not cluttered. there was a variety of work, most of it realistic with a few abstract/surreal/contemporary/collage works in between. it was a good show, i enjoyed it.

Minibrush
02-09-2004, 10:08 AM
heh, I'm so glad you were able to attend. I did get to see some shots of the displays in the recent MASF newsletter. The cases are a nice touch, like displaying jewelry. Thanks for sharing your experience. That was fun.

The_Colonel, yes, I think ChampagneHarley would enjoy the show, and her work would be a nice addition as well. I think there is a miniature art society based in GA, as well.

Minibrush