PDA

View Full Version : newbie!

afsmith
01-22-2004, 02:24 PM
Hi Im new here and I thought i would post some work!

the fruit is oil pastel on pastel board

tree oil pastel on paper

Monet's garden path in soft pastel on paper

Comments and criticism welcome!

Kathryn Wilson
01-22-2004, 02:48 PM
Welcome to the Pastel Forum! I'm glad you posted these 3 little beauties - I especially like the way you handled the fruit OP's - very impressionistic! The softies on pastel paper is loaded with color and bold strokes - good one!

How long have you been working in pastels? Tell us about yourself and what you think of working with pastels, both oil and soft.

Looking forward to seeing more work from you!

Stoy Jones
01-22-2004, 03:20 PM
Welcome! I too, think all three are very nice. I like how you handled the light on the path in the garden. Your colors and how you use them make your pieces energetic and vibrant. I look forward to more!

Stoy

meowmeow
01-22-2004, 03:24 PM
Welcome!
These are such vibrant paintings! I can see you are really enjoying yourself.
I especially like the op fruit. The last one is so full of energy and I like the colors you are using.

Sandy

afsmith
01-22-2004, 04:11 PM
I have been working in pastel on and off for about 5 years. I took a drawing class in college and was introduced to both types and fell in love with oil pastel. I am gaining more of an appreciation for the soft kind each time I use them. I work in just about all mediums so i go through spurts of working in each. I am currently on a pastel kick! Thanks to all for taking the time to look at my work!

Dyin
01-22-2004, 05:05 PM
welcome! Gotta like ya and your work cuz
A. you like oil pastels
B. you like purples and blues
C. nice subject material
D. You can bring the fruit salad when we all get together lol!

Will enjoy seeing your posts....which ops do you have? What surfaces do you like to use?

Tom Christopher
01-22-2004, 10:59 PM
welcome. I especially like the blues--second painting is filled with movement
and electricity--bet your work would be stricking on a large scale.
Tom

afsmith
01-23-2004, 10:44 AM
which ops do you have? What surfaces do you like to use?

I have a set of van gogh ops and cray-pas expresionists. for surface, i have a large assortment, Canson Mi-Tientes, art spectrum colourfix, ampresand pastel boards, pretty much I will draw on whatever I can get my hands on!

eileenclaire
01-23-2004, 05:44 PM
Great work, I love the colors on that last one! Please share more.