PDA

View Full Version : Two ebay accounts

Lady Rando
01-22-2004, 12:57 PM
I am so confused ...... :confused: How to I register for more than one ebay id. I want to sell things other than my art and would like a different id to do so. I tried to register a new id/account but ebay tells me I already am registered and do not need to do it again. :rolleyes: What am I doing wrong?

kokoshep
01-22-2004, 01:04 PM
I have two selling ids and one buying id, when you register for a second account you use all the same info *except* you have to use a different email address.

My second id is for selling things other than art also.

Good luck

kokoshep
01-22-2004, 01:05 PM
Opps, and you need a different id name ;)

nanabanana
01-22-2004, 04:38 PM
and you may need 2 credit card number and different email adress. I have 2 ids and the 2nd one is registered onto different credit card number.

prtpix
01-22-2004, 05:29 PM
I have the same credit card account on all of my E-Bay ID's.

walden
01-22-2004, 06:08 PM
If you don't want to set up a second e-mail account and monitor it, provided you have a domain name registered for your website, you can alias it-- or, you can set up additional e-mail accounts under your website. I have my domain name, lisawalkerart.com registered, and my e-mail, [email protected] pointed to my e-mail account with my ISP. So, mail sent to that address comes to the same place as mail sent to my regular e-mail address, [email protected] I think up to 5 email accounts are allowed on my website, so I could have more. Unfortunately, I forget how I did this stuff, but your ISP can certainly help, if no one here pops up with an answer.

Good luck!

TRE
01-22-2004, 07:19 PM
I have two Ebay accounts, one for selling and one for buying. I don't remember any problems creating the second account...??? I have the same name, address and e-mail address too. :confused:

Why don't you try searching the EbaY forums for more info.

TeAnne
01-22-2004, 09:03 PM
I have two IDs
The selling/buying has my cc details, due to yahoo mail.
My Posting ID has my local email details. No cc needed.

Lady Rando
01-22-2004, 11:54 PM
Thank you all for all the help. I now have my second account set up and will soon use it to sell all sorts of goodies. :)

CathyD
01-23-2004, 01:45 AM
Thank you all for all the help. I now have my second account set up and will soon use it to sell all sorts of goodies. :)
Ok, so what did you have to do??? :) I am glad you brought this up Lady R. because I tried to do it too awhile back and it didn't work. So if you wouldn't mind sharing the exact details I would love it!
Thanks,
Cathy

Lady Rando
01-23-2004, 09:13 AM
I set it up with a different email address. I was able to use the same credit card and personal info. It took ebay about 8 hours to sent me the confirmation letter but once I did get it I was able to complete the registration easily.

If you don't want to set up a second e-mail account and monitor it, provided you have a domain name registered for your website, you can alias it-- or, you can set up additional e-mail accounts under your website. I have my domain name, lisawalkerart.com registered, and my e-mail, [email protected] pointed to my e-mail account with my ISP. So, mail sent to that address comes to the same place as mail sent to my regular e-mail address, [email protected] I think up to 5 email accounts are allowed on my website, so I could have more. Unfortunately, I forget how I did this stuff, but your ISP can certainly help, if no one here pops up with an answer.

Mine lets me have 999 e-mails but I'll be darned if I know how to do what you suggest. Someone want to tell me how? It would be much easier to keep up with all my business email coming to one address.