PDA

View Full Version : FP really works!

Rieko
01-21-2004, 04:19 AM
I'm amazed about the power of FP; many thanks to Eliza and the others here on this forum!

I have one fped listing currently with a pretty good number of viewers (not so much compared to many of you) which ends this weekend and there were the 3 others listed incuding one with a bid ending this weekend also. I woke up this morning anticipating no sales email from ebay for my two auctions (Both of them are relisted; esp., one was on its third time to be listed and I raised the price this time for $29.99. :) )

And what a surprise! Two of them were actually sold! And even more, the fped painting has a bid, too, from the same guy who won the paintings! My jaw dropped!!! 100% success!

Thank you all for great advice! And I also recommend for fping!

artbyrenata
01-21-2004, 06:04 AM
Congratulations Rieko!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

SunshineyChelle
01-21-2004, 08:48 AM
Congrats!!!

Hope this is just the beginning of continued success for you!

Michelle

TeAnne
01-21-2004, 09:27 AM
:clap: :clap: Yay Congrats :)

prtpix
01-21-2004, 09:56 AM
I had stopped doing FP because I was paying E-Bay more than I was making for the later part of 2003.
We all know it was tough then.
But, In the begining of this year desided to try it again.
But, I had to try and figure a way to fit it in my budget.
So, What I have been doing is:
Since with the Sellathon tracker I could tell that any of my paintings that I did not list with FP hardly got any views at all. (Very Minimal) some got maybe no more than 50 views in 10 days.

I figured I would put all of my paintings in my store at 6 cents a painting. That I can deal with. Then I use the money from not listing my paintings as aucions, Which is up to $3.40 per painting, And with around 6 paintings a week. I am saving around $21.00 every 10 days.
I use that money to do an FP on my best peice.

Then on all of my E-Bay Listings I have a gallery view of all of the paintings I have in my store so that as soon as they click on my FP (nearly 600 vistiors on my last 10 FP) They see all of the paintings I have for sale in my store and if they are interested they can click on it and it will take them to my other E-Bay Items.

I have noticed that I get about the same amount of views on my non FP store listings per week by doing it this. To top that of, I have sold a bunch of my store listed paintings in the past couple of weeks just by doing it this way.
It just seems that once I have them in my FP auction they take my art more seriously and want to purchase.

I guess the main thing is making sure that the FP's you do list are the very best you can do.

Salairawns
01-21-2004, 10:23 AM
Congrats Reiko! Yep it does work. I've sold all my FPs, up til now anyway, but they aren't over.
I have two similar flowers, one has almost a hundred hits on FP, the other just three hits at regular listing.
I've been thinking of doing the store Mariann, to save on fees. Seeing how you worked it out makes it look even better. Thanks for sharing that.

prtpix
01-21-2004, 11:45 AM
(nearly 600 vistiors on my last 10 FP)

I hate typos.
I gotta correct that and say.
I had nearly 600 views on my last 10 day FP.

And all of those people got to see a nice preview of all of the paintings I have to sell on E-Bay.

surreal
01-21-2004, 02:55 PM
This is marvellous news, Rieko!
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Rieko
01-21-2004, 03:06 PM
Thank you, every one! I appreciate your cheers.

I had stopped doing FP because I was paying E-Bay more than I was making for the later part of 2003.
We all know it was tough then.
But, In the begining of this year desided to try it again.
But, I had to try and figure a way to fit it in my budget.
So, What I have been doing is:
Since with the Sellathon tracker I could tell that any of my paintings that I did not list with FP hardly got any views at all. (Very Minimal) some got maybe no more than 50 views in 10 days.

I figured I would put all of my paintings in my store at 6 cents a painting. That I can deal with. Then I use the money from not listing my paintings as aucions, Which is up to $3.40 per painting, And with around 6 paintings a week. I am saving around $21.00 every 10 days.
I use that money to do an FP on my best peice.

Then on all of my E-Bay Listings I have a gallery view of all of the paintings I have in my store so that as soon as they click on my FP (nearly 600 vistiors on my last 10 FP) They see all of the paintings I have for sale in my store and if they are interested they can click on it and it will take them to my other E-Bay Items.

I have noticed that I get about the same amount of views on my non FP store listings per week by doing it this. To top that of, I have sold a bunch of my store listed paintings in the past couple of weeks just by doing it this way.
It just seems that once I have them in my FP auction they take my art more seriously and want to purchase.

I guess the main thing is making sure that the FP's you do list are the very best you can do.

It sounds very good to me! Such a great idea!!! I need to really sit down and figure out what I shall do, too.

Aselka
01-22-2004, 12:10 AM
Great news Rieko!
I'm also thinking about trying FP. I want to list at least 6-10 paintings while FP one.

What is your Ebay ID?

Aselka

Rieko
01-22-2004, 01:42 AM
Great news Rieko!
I'm also thinking about trying FP. I want to list at least 6-10 paintings while FP one.

What is your Ebay ID?

Aselka

Aselka, mine is luckymanekineko. Good luck for Fping!

Aselka
01-22-2004, 02:18 AM
Thank You. congratulations you have bids!
I really like your art, especially impressionist scenes.

My ID is aselka_snow. I do not have any bids :( .

I'm painting a lot now, and I hope to put more.

Aselka

kt077886
01-22-2004, 03:30 AM
What exactly is FP? I'm very interested!!!

prtpix
01-22-2004, 07:39 AM
Aselka and Rieko,
I looked at your art on E-Bay. You both do beautiful work.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

lisilk
01-23-2004, 04:26 AM

Don't forget some of us are new ( to internet sales or haven't started yet.) I don't know what FP is either.

Li

And congratulations on your sales !

surreal
01-23-2004, 08:54 AM
Don't forget some of us are new ( to internet sales or haven't started yet.) I don't know what FP is either.

Li

Hi Li,
So sorry.
FP is an abbreviation for a "featured plus" auction.
You need feedback of the number "10" before you can fp a listing.

FP'ing a listing brings greater visibility to the image you fp as well as all the other items you have up for sale. It is costly to fp however. I believe it costs $19.95.

:)

Rieko
01-23-2004, 03:08 PM

Li

I am truly sorry that I didn't get the messeges from WC, so I didn't check the forum yesterday... And thank you to you, Nina, for the kind explanation about FP!

And Aselka and Marianne, thank you! I can say the same thing to you both! :)

lisilk
01-23-2004, 04:02 PM
Thanks Nina and Reiko for explaining that. As someone just starting to put a site together and thinking about ebay, it's all pretty overwhelming figuring out all the slang !

Cheers,

Li

Rieko
01-24-2004, 01:39 AM
Thanks Nina and Reiko for explaining that. As someone just starting to put a site together and thinking about ebay, it's all pretty overwhelming figuring out all the slang !

Cheers,

Li

Hi Li,

I'm still new on ebay and like you, I'm learning a lot from this forum. :) If you can go through the old threads on this forum, you may be able to pick up great tips, too.

kjsspot
01-24-2004, 08:46 PM
My ID is aselka_snow. I do not have any bids :( .

Aselka, your work is gorgeous and well worth more than your starting prices. I especially like your water lily that's closing tonight. Cheap shipping too! IMHO, you should FP at least one a week.