PDA

View Full Version : I think I found a new trick

cinnamon girl
01-20-2004, 01:42 PM
Has anyone ever tried this?

A couple weeks ago my gallery picture wasn't working for one of my auctions. Ebay couldn't fix it, so I got a credit for the fee. However, it turned into a blessing, because all you could see where the gallery image should have been was a box that said "click here to see picture". Obviously, this really piqued some interest, because I had twice as much traffic as I usually do, and the painting sold (this was the 3rd time I'd listed it).

This week I decided to intentionally provide a broken link for my gallery image so I'd get the same results. I'm paying for something that isn't there, but it's really boosting my exposure! I've decided to do this with only one of my listings per week just to get people into the auction and click on the "view seller's other items" link if they like what they see. Do a search for my stuff under "Flores" in SRA and see what you think.

Maybe I'm stupid and I've wasted a quarter, but I think this little purple box might draw more interest than that dumb camera icon you get if you don't pay for a gallery image. I'm gonna try no gallery next week on one and see what happens. ;)

prtpix
01-20-2004, 02:20 PM
If it works for you, That's great. Thanks for the heads up about it.

On another note.
I was blown away when I saw your selling ID.
I thought my computer was bugging out on me.
Check this out.

http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=ms_studio

Don't worry about changing it if you don't want to. I have alread stopped selling art with that ID on E-Bay. But, My ID on ismudge is msstudio .
My name is Mariann Skears

I don't really have any problems with you being the same as me as long as you don't. Just figured I would let you know I'm around and a friendly soul.

cinnamon girl
01-20-2004, 03:43 PM
I was blown away when I saw your selling ID.
I thought my computer was bugging out on me.
Check this out.

http://cgi2.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=ms_studio

Don't worry about changing it if you don't want to. I have alread stopped selling art with that ID on E-Bay. But, My ID on ismudge is msstudio .
My name is Mariann Skears

I don't really have any problems with you being the same as me as long as you don't. Just figured I would let you know I'm around and a friendly soul.

Nice to meet you Mariann. That's so crazy that we have almost the same user ID! Actually, I was thinking about changing mine too. I own a gallery called Market Street Studio--therefore the "ms", but we're closing at the end of the month, so it won't make much sense after that. I have an account on ismudge too. What a coincidence! My user ID there is jflores, though. Funny stuff.

Halo
01-20-2004, 04:39 PM
Sounds like a neat tip! I went to eBay and searched for flores under seller name...but it said seller isn't selling anything at this time. Did I do that wrong, what is SRA? I visited your web site by the way, AWESOME work!!

Halo
01-20-2004, 04:41 PM
Mariann, I just visited your artwork as well, gorgeous! :)

ElizaLeahy
01-20-2004, 05:07 PM
Do you just purposefully put in a wrong URL to get that result?

prtpix
01-20-2004, 05:10 PM
Thank You Halo.

Ribbet Elisa.

cinnamon girl
01-22-2004, 03:46 PM
Halo, you need to use "flores" as a keyword in your regular search--not as a seller name. My seller ID is msstudio, which would work also. Thanks for pointing that out.

Eliza, yes, I purposefully put in the wrong URL.