PDA

View Full Version : New member, trying to upload...

DJFan
01-20-2004, 07:35 AM
Dear Iveyleaf,
I was trying to upload some people reference for someone that requested it. I go through all the steps, it appears to be uploading, and then it says "Page not found." How can I correct this? I would love to share photos. I am new here and I am working my kinks out. Sorry to be a pain......DJFan

I wanted to add that I went back through some other posts and I believe my file sizes are inappropriate. How do I make my image size small enough to fit the criteria for the library? I take so many reference photos for projects and after the project is done I have extra reference that would be great to pass along to someone that needs it....DJFan

scottb
01-20-2004, 12:39 PM
Give us some info on your environment. What browser/version are you running? Are you running a firewall program or popup ad blocker? Do you have cookies and javascript enabled, etc.

DJFan
01-20-2004, 02:03 PM
Dear Mr. ScottB,
My computer is set up with Windows XP. I use Norton Antivirus that has a firewall program and it protects me on the internet from most of the pop up ads. I am computer illiterate so I am guessing about the cookie thing but I think that is also controlled by the norton antivirus? Did that help? DJFan

scottb
01-20-2004, 02:14 PM
It is entirely possible that your Norton Firewall is interfering with things. Try disabling it temporarily to see if that is the problem. If it turns out to be the problem, you can probably configure it to work with our site.

DJFan
01-20-2004, 02:29 PM
Dear Mr.ScottB,
Thank you for the tip. I will turn it off and give it a whirl....DJFan

Well, I turned it off and it still puts me on Page not found. If anyone has any suggestions I am listening...DJFan

DJFan
01-20-2004, 03:35 PM
I finally was successful. I have a feature from my server called Bellsouth accelerator and when I disabled it I got through successfully. Whew! Now I can climb Mt. Everest. This computer world is a challenge...DJFan

Ivyleaf
01-22-2004, 12:25 AM
DJFan,
Am glad to hear you have gotten this issue resolved.

Thanks for letting me know what it was, that is one thing I hadn't heard of causing a problem with the library.

I will remember it to keep it on the list of potential problems.

Thanks!
:) :) :)
Ivy

DJFan
01-22-2004, 06:45 AM
Dear Iveyleaf,
It is a feature that Bellsouth offers for you to download. It speeds up the time it takes to load things from the internet. I am glad I sorted it out so I can share photo reference. That is one of the reasons I joined Wetcanvas/Artist Nation. The image library is wonderful and you do a fine job managing it. Nice to meet you, DJFan