PDA

View Full Version : eBay Art Ring -->want to join?

nanabanana
01-20-2004, 02:23 AM
Would you like to join an ebay art galllery (webring) This is more exposure for your art as webring works by bringing visitors from 1 high quality art site to another. Which is why I'm posting it here.. Sometimes I forget that I'm in WC and am surrounded by talented people.

I am ringmaster of these rings please feel free to join. Kindly attach appropriate SSBN code to the page you're submitting. the SSBN Webring code is for webring to see .. not really for people so you can put a few returns aand stick it on very very bottom of page.

How to join? click on the links below -->
1.) click on "Join this ring" it's located in upper right hand corner.
2.) fill out appropriate info
3.) get nav code to paste on your webpage.
4.) feel free to ask questions ..though my email acct is usually full of spam mail so just PM me or post it here I'll read it.

Misc:
green thumbs up = your SSBN code is inplace
Red thumbs down = no ssbn code found.

EBAY ART GALLERIES - all ebay art sellers welcomed
http://w.webring.com/hub?ring=artzboxzenart

DIGITAL ART MUSEUM
http://a.webring.com/hub?ring=digman

WE LOVE EBAY Ring
http://i.webring.com/hub?ring=ebayrockson

laurali
01-20-2004, 09:53 AM
I joined under my regular website. I didn't think I could use the ebay store URL because it doesn't have the webring code.

Laura

ElizaLeahy
01-20-2004, 05:19 PM
Would www.frog-art.com be ok?

Blue Cc
01-20-2004, 06:03 PM
What exactly is an art ring, is it for your ebay listing? or your website?
Have never joined an art ring before,
thanks,
Cathy

nanabanana
01-20-2004, 07:41 PM
Would www.frog-art.com be ok?

yes frog-art can join since it's artists sell on ebay -->please make sure to paste the webring SSBN code or HTML code on to your webpage.. that's what webring uses to navigate. Please see 1st message for links and directions.

nanabanana
01-20-2004, 07:47 PM
Re: what's a webring --> to join go to my 1st post for directions and links.

Official Definition of a Webring by webring.com

Similar sites are grouped together in rings and each site is linked to another by a simple navigation bar. Rings form a concentration of sites, allowing visitors to quickly find what they are looking for. Each Ring is created and maintained by an individual web site owner called the RingMaster. RingMasters determine the look and feel of the Ring, approve and manage member sites, and encourage other sites to join. RingMasters help to develop virtual communities based on the Ring topic.

What exactly is an art ring, is it for your ebay listing? or your website?
Have never joined an art ring before,
thanks,
Cathy

ElizaLeahy
01-20-2004, 08:07 PM
I'm already a member of the exotic pets web ring. The instructions seem to be telling me that I don't have to enter another code to join another web ring. Is this right? Seems odd to me.

nanabanana
01-20-2004, 08:18 PM
correct. it's 1 code for any amount of webrings you're a member of as long as you have the webring navigation code on you're fine. Frog-art.com is now active in the ebay artgalleries ring.

I'm already a member of the exotic pets web ring. The instructions seem to be telling me that I don't have to enter another code to join another web ring. Is this right? Seems odd to me.

ElizaLeahy
01-20-2004, 08:24 PM
OK, what it looks like it's done is overwritten the exotic pets webring bar. Do you know how to make it so that I can have more then one webring bar on my page at a time?

nanabanana
01-20-2004, 09:20 PM
ElizaLeahy,

so you want to see all your webring memberships. note if you are member of many rings this would slow loading time. becareful when editing info here .. so you don't accidentally delete stuff or change link locations or worst accidentally delete your code#.

1.) log in to webring.com
2.) click on my rings on upper right
3.) click on: View Web Sites (loc: left side)
4.) click on U#: xxx (edit) SSNB
5.) (choose one) Checked box Show just navbar being surfed (unchecked means entire navbar stack shows, meaning longer load times for large stacks
6.) click( change ) located very bottom.

For more info and or reading material take a look at webring's help files: http://dir.webring.com/help?nextpg=SSNB4

OK, what it looks like it's done is overwritten the exotic pets webring bar. Do you know how to make it so that I can have more then one webring bar on my page at a time?

debmorbeto
01-20-2004, 10:17 PM
This is a wonderful idea! I joined and am waiting to be accepted. Is there any way I can help contribute to this financially or otherwise? What a great idea!

Thanks!

blumoon
09-07-2005, 07:04 PM
Hi there. I joined this webring, and can't get the wizard to recognize the code on my page. Are you still the ring manager?
I have been trying for three days to get this right, and I may have missed the deadline, I don't know. One nav bar, and one link are showing up on my page, but the wizard is not recognizing them.
I was having so much trouble I decided to come back to WC and do a search on webrings, and this is the first thread I found. I realize it is an old thread, but hope fully you are still around, and could perhaps help me figure out what I am doing wrong. Thanks
Blumoon :wave:

TeAnne
09-08-2005, 12:24 AM
I can't make head nor tail of it. They changed this thing so much since the mid 90's

blumoon
09-08-2005, 01:29 AM
Yes, Teanne it is a nightmare. I think they may be having issues. Just thought I'd post in case anybody else had the same problem. :wave:

nanabanana
09-08-2005, 11:06 AM
hi everyone ... thanks for post. yes I'm still the ringmaster. I'll take a look at it tonight and see if I can figure out what's wrong and let you know. And feel free to tell your friends! the more the merrier

blumoon
09-08-2005, 12:31 PM
Thanks for your reply! I'd appreciate tou having a look. If I can get this thing working, I'll definitely pass the word. If you want to PM me Nivinne, please feel free.:wave:

pampe
09-08-2005, 03:39 PM
already in

thanks