PDA

View Full Version : Pricing opinions

surreal
01-19-2004, 11:56 PM
Hi,
This is an abstract calla lily that is in acrylic on canvas and is 6" x 12."

What do you think would be a good price to start this off at auction?

Depending on your answers, I will either put it up for auction or list it in my store.
*I don't think it will make a wonderful gallery pic, unfortunately.

Thank you in advance.

surreal
01-20-2004, 12:17 AM
Hi,
I made a decision quickly.
LOL
I placed it in my store priced at $90.00.

:)

ElizaLeahy
01-20-2004, 12:25 AM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/20-Jan-2004/4490-nina_small.jpg

How about that?

surreal
01-20-2004, 12:33 AM
Gosh, it looks so phallic now!
lol

But it does look very nice. :)

I think the gallery pic doesn't look as bad as I originally thought it would.
What do you think of the gallery pic, as it is now, Eliza?

TeAnne
01-20-2004, 01:02 AM
That is one nice painting Nina. WOW, I do love it very much.

surreal
01-20-2004, 01:05 AM
That is one nice painting Nina. WOW, I do love it very much.
Thanks so much, Te.
I hope a repeat buyer of my calla lily drawings will want to purchase this painting.
LOL
*One can hope, can't one?"
LOL

ElizaLeahy
01-20-2004, 01:13 AM
I use to think that if it was rectangular it should be shown that way - but I've changed my mind. Especially now with the subtitles. I use the subtitles to show the size and then make the thumbnail as interesting as possible by zooming in!

The exception to this is when I do something big enough to hang over a lounge, in which case I use the lounge photo. They can't see the painting, but they can see SOMETHING and they have to go into the auction to see what it is.

So basically - it's back to you!

Salairawns
01-20-2004, 01:40 AM
Was just browsing your store and saw this one, Nina :D. I was pulled in to look at the colors. It's gorgeous. The gallery pic seems fine to me either way. :)

surreal
01-20-2004, 09:39 AM
I use to think that if it was rectangular it should be shown that way - but I've changed my mind. Especially now with the subtitles. I use the subtitles to show the size and then make the thumbnail as interesting as possible by zooming in!

The exception to this is when I do something big enough to hang over a lounge, in which case I use the lounge photo. They can't see the painting, but they can see SOMETHING and they have to go into the auction to see what it is.

So basically - it's back to you!

Thanks so much, Eliza!

surreal
01-20-2004, 09:40 AM
Was just browsing your store and saw this one, Nina :D. I was pulled in to look at the colors. It's gorgeous. The gallery pic seems fine to me either way. :)

Thank you, Celena!

jocelynsart
01-20-2004, 09:56 AM
Nina, I am not good a helping others with pricing too much. Just wanted to say that I really like your flowers, especially the tiny head one you have.
I was thinking before, your canvasses may relaly look sharp in auction pics if you hang them on a wall and do a couple angle shots, showing the canvas hanging. Those really give the full effect visually that they have. You know who does this well? Heidi Shaulis. It may really show yours off well too.
Good luck with it.
Phallic came to my mind too. lol
Joss

surreal
01-20-2004, 03:14 PM
Hi Joss,
Thanks for your kind words.
I agree with you about angle shots!
It's a terrific idea.
I really must purchase a digital camera for myself!
;)