PDA

View Full Version : Help with payment?

ale.l
01-19-2004, 03:34 AM
Hi, I was wondering if someone here would be willing to help out with an auction payment that went awry.
If you remember, I posted a thread earlier that a lady sent me paypal payment which I can't accept. She cancelled it and went on to pay me through my payment processor. However, she wasn't very careful with filling in the credit card info and had to many errors so the Transfer Service locked her newly opened account :(
To unblock it she needs to send information via fax, etc... I'm sure you know the deal. I think she is on the verge of giving up now as it will take her a lot of effort to ublock the account and pay and since she uses paypal anyway this particular account with my Transfer Service is not something she needs and is not prepared to go to unblock it. She said she'd try to give them a ring today and try to ublock it that way but I doubt she'll succeed.

I was thinking if someone would be willing to take her paypal payment for my auction and then send me the money through the service I use with a credit card. It's at http://www.ikobo.com

I know money is a sensitive issue but I also know that there were not any problems before with Ikobo. In the past it proved to be reliable as far as credit card security is concerned.

Anyway, if there's anyone who'd do this for me please PM me. What do you think? And yes, this only as a final resort. She has the option to open another account with Ikobo, but I'm afraid she's getting tired... I could suggest this arrangement to her and she might want to do it.

jocelynsart
01-19-2004, 08:57 AM
Ale: It sounds like the errors she made brought an alert to her acct, for CC validation, etc. All they probably want is a fax of a household CC bill with her address to confirm she is who she says and the owner of the C Card. This is not too hard for her to do.
Otherwise, suggest her using a Western Union money transfer. I think she can even do that online with her CC.
Joss

ale.l
01-19-2004, 09:46 AM
Yes, there are many options actually. People have become too 'lazy' I think and want to send money over the internet at a click of a button. They might know their card is legitimate but other people don't have the same knowledge and ask for verification.

I haven't heard from her yet. I will see what she comes up with.
Thanks for replying anyway.

Ale

Antoine
01-19-2004, 12:24 PM
Ale,
I understand that you must be very frustrated and I'd be happy to help if I could.

I'll PM you with details.

ale.l
01-20-2004, 05:10 AM
You are an :angel: