PDA

View Full Version : My new camera

ElizaLeahy
01-18-2004, 04:21 PM
Dispite all the helpful advice I received here I did end up buying the Kodak DX4530. Cost was the deciding factor. If I wanted 5mp that was the one I could afford. I would have liked the Canon - but it was double the price.

So far I'm very happy with it. The big advantage I've found is the clarity of the pictures in low light. I take photos of my paintings on the verandah, and usually then put them into Paintshop to adjust the brightness and contrast. I started doing that out of habit, and found that there was nothing to adjust. In most cases it was also not necessary to sharpen the image!

I also took some photos indoors at night with great sucess. In most cases the flash didn't leave reflections on the painting, and when it did and I turned the flash off the light from the flurecent in the kitchen was enough to take the close ups in this auction

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3654910034&category=20158

All those photos were taken at night with no adjusting of the image in photoshop! I was very surprised!

I haven't had a chance to take normal photos in sunlight yet, but I feel that they are going to be outstanding.

The camera frame is light, the lens is a good one (I can't remember, but they raved about it - in one ear and out another with me - long words, couldn't spell them anyway!) and it has a lens cover which my old one didn't have. The software is easy to use, and as it's Kodak both cameras use the same cable and software so I don't need to change over everytime we download from a different camera.

It also takes movies, but I haven't found out how to get the size down under 6 meg yet. When I do you will see Coco at play :)

So far I haven't found any faults with it!

surreal
01-18-2004, 04:46 PM
I am glad you have a new and fine camera! :)

Did you have to spend at least $1,000 for it?

I heard rumors to the effect that any cameras over 3 mp were very costly.

:)

sandge
01-18-2004, 04:53 PM
Great to hear you got something you're happy with! :D

And that auction looks fabulous, by the way! Love the painting. :)

meriadoc
01-18-2004, 05:14 PM
surreal :
that isn't really true.

I was looking at the nikon coolpix 4300 which was $399 from staples.

they aren't costly really... its the higher end (prosumer) ones that are worth more.

surreal
01-18-2004, 05:17 PM
surreal :
that isn't really true.

I was looking at the nikon coolpix 4300 which was $399 from staples.

they aren't costly really... its the higher end (prosumer) ones that are worth more.
Thank you, Meriadoc.

I am extremely glad to hear that that isn't true.

How many mps is the nikon coolpix if you recall?
Thanx.

ElizaLeahy
01-18-2004, 06:12 PM
I am glad you have a new and fine camera! :)

Did you have to spend at least $1,000 for it?

I heard rumors to the effect that any cameras over 3 mp were very costly.

That's why I got this one Nina - check it out. $599 AU and I also got $140 of free printing vouchers with it.

ElizaLeahy
01-18-2004, 06:15 PM
Thank you, Meriadoc.

I am extremely glad to hear that that isn't true.

How many mps is the nikon coolpix if you recall?
Thanx.

http://www.bizrate.com/marketplace/search/search.xpml?cat_id=402&prod_id=7023932&rf=opi

Check that out and see if there is a store near you.

meriadoc
01-18-2004, 06:23 PM
its a 4 megapixel camera.

but i decided in the end not to get it - as i'm saving for the digital SLR that i want.

surreal
01-18-2004, 06:35 PM
Thanks alot for the info, Eliza!!!

BTW, congrats on how well your auctions are doing!
:clap: :clap: :clap:

TeAnne
01-18-2004, 09:19 PM
Glad you stuck to your gut feelings E :) The paintings do look good :) Congrats gf.