PDA

View Full Version : Rant: Can't get sellathon to work

sandge
01-17-2004, 06:15 PM
Cannot get anything about sellathon to work. At all. None of it. Not a single bloody thing!

Signed up. Didn't get confirmation email but not to worried about that.

Put code in auction. Auction launched. Code doesn't work.

Tried to log in to sellathon. Can't log in - invalid username/password.

Mailed for a new password. Doesn't come.

Try again. Still doesn't come.

Try again using hotmail account incase there is a problem with message getting through to wetcanvas email addres. Password still doesn't come.

Try signing up to sellathon again - won't let me use my ebay nickname as there is already a free account with that name. Duh!

Try sending email to support. Get immediate automated reply saying their office hours are Monday to Friday.

Grrrrrrrrrrrr :mad:

madmum
01-17-2004, 06:20 PM
Sandra, here's a link to the message board, that's all I have to help you right now though :(

http://www.sellathon.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl

Maybe somebody else has had similar problems?

Ruth

jocelynsart
01-17-2004, 06:32 PM
aww Sandra: All I can tell you is they answered my email really fast and helped with the exact problem I had, fixing it right away. They'll answer you Monday morn for sure! hey have excellent customer service from my experiences.
I had that Invalid User and Password too, after registering and paying for the year. They corrected it as soon as they got my email the next business day and my Logon ID and Password was working.
Did you sign up for the free trial? There is a separate link below the regular Login for free trial users.
Did you click on your auction yourself to activate your auction on Sellathon? That should start it going, if it is that.
Did you cut and paste it correctly? Missing one tiny thing would matter.
All I can think of.
It'll be ok!
Joss

sandge
01-17-2004, 06:32 PM
Thanks, Ruth! I'll take a look at that. :)

I think I got the code working now - didn't seem to like being in my auction layout table.

But ... I can't log in and I can't get it to email me a password. :confused:

jocelynsart
01-17-2004, 06:37 PM
Hi again! lol
That is probably all it is, the same thing that happened to me. You will probably have to wait till they fix it for you.
Joss

sandge
01-17-2004, 06:38 PM
Did you sign up for the free trial? There is a separate link below the regular Login for free trial users.
Yes, I missed that at first. But I have been trying to log in with that free trial users link now with no luck.
Did you click on your auction yourself to activate your auction on Sellathon? That should start it going, if it is that.
Well I don't know if it's working. I certainly have looked at my auction page. And I've moved the code outside my html table which has made the logo appear. But I have no way to know if it's working.
Did you cut and paste it correctly?
Well I cut and pasted it, is all I can say.

Thanks for your reply, Joss. :)

I guess I'll have to wait for Monday. Bum.

TeAnne
01-18-2004, 03:11 AM
I still havn't heard from Ebay.com.au as to weather we are allowed to use it here yet. :(

sandge
01-18-2004, 04:21 PM
Yay, bless their hearts, they came to work on Sunday and sent me a link to get directly into my account! :D

I'm so excited. I have one auction up at the moment with a working tracker and one about to launch in 8 minutes!!! :D :D :D

From what I can see, the most frequent visitor to my auctions is me ( :rolleyes: ). I seem to be counted in the stats so that's skewing things somewhat.

However, the most common other way for folks to visit this auction is via my 'View Seller's Other Items'. That means that it's important for me to have a good link on my auction pages so that, once I've got them onto one of my pages, they check out my other stuff, too.

:)

ElizaLeahy
01-18-2004, 04:26 PM
From what I can see, the most frequent visitor to my auctions is me ( :rolleyes: ). I seem to be counted in the stats so that's skewing things somewhat.

I use to look at my actual auction page a lot. But now I mostly stick to "my ebay" and sellathon. Mostly because of what you said, I don't want to be the most frequent visitor! But also because I don't need any information from that page until just before the end, when I look at who is bidding.