PDA

View Full Version : The horse is dead in colored pencil....

MissMouse
08-07-2001, 06:27 PM
I give up !!!!! That horse drove me over the edge. I just don't know the beast well enough to do in colored pencil. Three days of sketches, 8 pieces of paper. To relax I sat down with my water colors and did this in 15 minuets. His neck is a little fat but enough is enough.
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/07-Aug-2001/horse3jpg.jpg

Ivyleaf
08-07-2001, 06:55 PM
You could always do one that's half watercolor and half CP, do the underpainting in watercolor and go on top with CP ;) The watercolor will give you a base color to work on, and the CP will enhance that.

Just a thought! He looks great, don't give up on him yet!

Lulu
08-07-2001, 07:32 PM
Gosh - 15 minutes for this??? You've done well MissMouse! I like your horse. I couldn't do it if I spent 30015 minutes on it! :D:D

Regarding your c p horse - if things aren't working for me I have a break from them, do something else and then go back and decide whether I want to continue - gives you a new perspective on it.

MissMouse
08-07-2001, 07:38 PM
I did not give up on him. I erased the neck a little in photoshop and printed him on epson water color paper. I have a photo 1280 epson printer that makes marvellous prints. I really like him now. I am just amazed at how the computer
works.

After a rest I am going to work on him in pencil it will be my personal chalange. Part of the problem was working from bad photos (now don't tell my friend Linda that)
O' by the way she just loves the water color.

TeAnne
08-07-2001, 08:17 PM
Hey MM, this isn't too bad at all, :) Ivyleaf is right, go over it in cps and you will be surprised. Hang in there girl, practice makes perfect. :cat:

Shirl
08-07-2001, 08:40 PM
That's why I didn't begin with a still life or something. I needed to begin with something I'm very familiar with (horses), and it's still not going so good (color-- I don't do color!!).

I think you have great perseverance. I tend to give up easily.

Shirl