PDA

View Full Version : first semi-nude

wendee
08-07-2001, 02:55 AM
well this is my first on the human body..the hand needs fixing..but other wise what do you's think...
Pastels on canson paper

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/07-Aug-2001/man.JPG

Bobbie
08-08-2001, 10:13 AM
I think he's wonderful. The colors radiate energy and strength. I think his body looks in good proportion but wonder if the arm is correct length?
I, just yesterday, attempted my first nude - it is no easy task.

sandge
08-08-2001, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by Bobbie
I think he's wonderful.
Me, too! :evil:

Apart from the hand, there doesn't look to be too much wrong with the drawing. He seems to be missing a neck but probably the placement of the head is slightly off.

I love the energy of the marks in the background - the way you have really attempted to say something about the shape of the figure with this space. I also like the variety of marks and colours in the cloth. In comparison, your marks and colours on the figure are a bit tentative and I would like to see you be a bit bolder with that. Don't get too concerned about defining all the edges with outlines. Think about which lines can be lost and work across areas, looking at tone and colour rather than thinking of the subject as an inventory of parts.

Great stuff! :D

wendee
08-09-2001, 07:34 AM
bobbie...yes it is daunting doing a nude..but I thought well I got to give it a try....:D

Sandra...thanks for all your help...he does have a neck on the left side but the scanner did not show it up..maybe the shadow is a bit dark there....

Sandra..this to me is being bold...lol..lol:D :D