PDA

View Full Version : How many hits is good?

RobinZ
01-15-2004, 03:23 PM
What would you consider to be a decent number of visits to your website? My only promotions is from flyers posted in vet offices, etc. I'm getting about 5 a day since I put a counter on last Sunday.

How many hits before a sale would you consider decent? When I did this last fall, it took me 125 postcards for 1. I would assume that's how many hits I would have gotten.

I am just curious if anyone else has kept stats on this.

nanabanana
01-15-2004, 10:57 PM
high website hits don't necessarily convert into sales, though I have no way of tracking if people buy after visiting my site OR visit after they've bought. Though more people looking does increase chance of someone one buying :) like lottery.

Well the more professional looking your site the more comfortable people will be in buying stuff. Having your own domain name does help.

Suggest: you have business cards made up with your website address and include them with every sale you make to clients. There's a ton of info out there on website promotions. very importantly exchange links with other fellow artists ..yes your competitors but that's what search engines look for links to and from your site with similar content. oh and put a link on your wetcanvas profile especially the signature part so we can all see your site :)

Great article on promoting website: http://www.steptwo.com.au/papers/marketing/
webstats: http://www.steptwo.com.au/papers/webstats/index.html
to see how many incoming links you have: http://www.marketleap.com/publinkpop/
make sure ur website is userfriendly and search engine friendly- use checklist at www.webmonkey.com

there's also quality vs. quanitity visitors aka I get ok traffic but very few if any are visiting my site for the artwork. I get approx 1-2k pageviews per day

CarlyHardy
01-15-2004, 11:10 PM
My webhost keeps stats on my site....and I forget to look at them! After your question, I took a look and was surprised to see so many visitors to my site in certain months. Not sure why it fluctuates a lot....perhaps when a show opens, a lot of the folks check out my website too.

Some ways that I advertise my site....

A car tag holder with www.carlyart.com imprinted on it. (check out CafePress for these)
Business cards
Signature in all emails
A personalized cap for wearing when I paint!...has carlyart.com on the front.
Personalized tote bags with my art and my site (again Cafe Press!)
Show advertising (postcards, brochures, etc.).
Every painting has a personalized sticker on the back with my contact info!
Links with other sites online.
Search vehicles (google, yahoo, etc.)
Art sites where I can put info (wwar.com, etc.)
My About Me Page at Ebay.
Word of mouth!

Everything you can do to promote your site, will raise your hits! I meant to add that my site gets anywhere from 500-2500 hits a month. Last November was really high....for whatever reason!

online art
01-17-2004, 02:20 PM
HI,

I get around 600 per week to my site - the best way to get an immediate increase of hits to your site is to get similar sites to link to you.

Search engines can be difficult to optimise for, but you need a good title, description and keywords in your source code.

RobinZ
01-17-2004, 05:32 PM
How many hits until you make a sale?

For instance, Online, of your 600 hits in a week....how many buy your art? How many contact you for more info?

So far, out of 35 hits I've had 2 email inquiries.

online art
01-18-2004, 03:21 AM
Well I sell much more on ebay than my site, I'd say I get just 1-2 sales every 2 weeks!