PDA

View Full Version : Venting frustrations-do you mind?

ale.l
01-15-2004, 11:51 AM
Aaaahg...at least we have WC when things go wrong.
If you remember my recent auction when a lady sent payment through paypal without consulting and me being unable to take the payment. Well, I wrote back nicely and explained - no word from her!

If it were me I'd write back instantly with apologies for my recklessness and as it's easy to cancel the payment I'd do that and pay the way the seller suggests. But no, just silence. And it makes me crazy :)

Just how different people can really be, consider this buyer:

"I just wanted to let you know that I received your painting today. It arrived in excellent condition. I can't tell you how happy I am-it is so beautiful. I just love the bright, bold colors & your painting style is so lovely. I already have a frame & mat picked out and I am taking it to an art framer this week. I promise to take good care of it, I would think it would be hard for you to part with it.

Thank you so much for making this a very pleasurable experience. I look forward to seeing more of your artwork. I was finally able to bring up your website---I just love all the bright color that you use.

Best Regards"

Antoine
01-15-2004, 12:28 PM
Wow! That just shows how different people could be. Those hard/unreasonable clients make us appreciate those nice people so much more.

I’ve also had such an experience with two clients. The one was that ‘dragon’ client that refused to return for a refund, threatened with leaving a neg and later left one saying ‘seller doesn´t care…” During that same time period I had another client who had some concerns. I treated her exactly the same and she came back leaving this feedback: “quick shipper, very concerned about customer satisfaction. A+++++”

WHY CAN"T EVERYONE BE NICE????

Thanks for letting me vent frustrations with you ;)

TeAnne
01-15-2004, 02:38 PM
What I've notice a lot lately is that buyers are dictating to sellers how they are going to pay. They're ignoring the sellers TOS completely. Goes to show, they don't read it.
I got a nice glowing FB from my last buyer too. :D :clap:

busy91
01-15-2004, 04:16 PM
That is tacky of her. The least she can do is say if she'd pay another way or nevermind. People are so rude when they are anoymous.

Nice to see the comment from the other buyer. I guess that is what makes us unique, we are all so different.