PDA

View Full Version : She's Holding Something (I need help)

colorme
08-06-2001, 03:59 PM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/06-Aug-2001/she.jpg

She’s Holding Something
11x14 acrylic on canvas

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/06-Aug-2001/person.gif
okay I need help..see here’s the sketch that I did before I painted..and I wanted to know if I should go ahead and do the hair or leave it like that..and help me on the background also, I don’t know what to do..should I just leave it white?

Thumper
08-06-2001, 04:35 PM
Alright, here are my thoughts. . . I like what you have so far, and I think you should go ahead and leave the face blank. . . As for the hair, I believe that in the sketch it's too overpowering, but perhaps what you should do is have the hair 'fall' down the back of the girl. with a few strands in front. As for the color of the hair, that all depends on what color scheme you would like to do, my advice would be to do a triad, and since you've started with red, the two other colors to include would be blue and yellow. My advice would be to have the hair blue, and in the background paint the yellow in so that around the girl is white, but shade it out to a yellow, so that the corners are yellow (if that doesn't make any sense, let me know)
There are so many different choices that you have, go with what you feel will make this painting complete. I would love to see the finish product, whether you took any of my advice or didn't at all :)
Jocelyn

mame
08-06-2001, 04:55 PM
This is a supurb FINISHED drawing. Take what you learned from this one and start on the next one pronto.

AmyH
08-06-2001, 11:13 PM
shes holdong something that doesnt exist, what's the problem? ;) i see no problem. the fact that your doing your own concept drawings and turning them into paintings is impressive. I didnt attmept that til i was 30 plus years old.

amy

jheinrich
08-07-2001, 02:10 PM
I much prefer the drawing to the painting ... the breasts in the painting take away from the 'can' torso idea ... Not having a face entirely robs the 'she is holding nothing' concept ... which is what makes the drawing so powerful to me. Without a face, it just looks like a crumpled doll ... personal thang, just sayin' what I see ...

awesome drawing.

j*

Luis Guerreiro
08-07-2001, 02:29 PM
I don't know much about acrylics, but I definitely think you need to paint the background. The figures seem to be smooth, so perhaps an impasto over the background using contrasting colours, but not just one colour, perhaps a mix of 2 or 3 colours, keeping the 3 colours as close to each other in colourwheel terms, but the 3 together contrasting with the figures.
Just an idea.
Luis

colorme
08-07-2001, 04:26 PM
okay thanks everyone for the comments, advice etc. but I'm going to do my own thing and leave it like this and maybe work on it later..i learned a lot.:)