PDA

View Full Version : Well, the feng shui experiment went well!

kiwicockatoo
01-15-2004, 09:30 AM
My five feng shui paintings listed separately all sold. I was interesting - I had three bidders, one won four paintings and one won one. The lady who won the four really wanted the one she didn't win so the lady who only won the one agreed to let me sell it to the other so the set didn't get broken up! Best of all, she wanted her own set so out of this I sold 10 mini paintings. :D

I find this encouraging because the feng shui paintings were not my typical cute kimono cats and they still sold. So I may try to keep doing some more serious paintings. Might try some oriental mini still lifes and such.

Now I've got a pair of paintings listed together. They are a matched pair, and of a nature that they couldn't be sold apart. So we will see how this approach goes.

Antoine
01-15-2004, 09:48 AM
Congrats!!! This is wonderful.
Sounds like you should be doing more of those! :clap:

kiwicockatoo
01-15-2004, 09:55 AM
Thanks Antoine! I took xmas off and it was soooo slow the first week back in January. Now things are picking up. I've sold everything I've put up in the new year, but right before xmas it seemed like my prices were heading up. Taking a couple of weeks off has made me feel like I'm starting all over! Maybe next year, no xmas vacation for me. People actually do buy over the holidays. Like me - I was watching an auction chrismas day!

Rieko
01-15-2004, 09:58 AM
Way to go! They are beautiful and unique. Bon continuation!!! :clap:

kjsspot
01-15-2004, 10:11 AM
Got a link? We wanna see them!

Antoine
01-15-2004, 10:25 AM
I have not been on ebay long, but the art market in general, I know it is the most unpredictable place emaginable! Iíve also been away for a while and I hope Iím having the same luck as you. (Iím feeling quite hesitant continuing with my neg)

I really liked your feng shui theme, theyíre original, fresh & beautifull. I understand why people are queuing. Keep it up!! ;)

CathyD
01-15-2004, 01:51 PM
They are darling, and it is so great you sold TEN!!! Your miniatures are just the cutest things. Keep up the good work!
Cathy

TeAnne
01-15-2004, 02:31 PM
Congrats Kiwi, you deserve some good luck! How are things going for you now personally?

surreal
01-16-2004, 08:59 AM
Congrats to you, Kiwi!
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Sumafra
01-17-2004, 12:15 PM
Congrats, Kiwi, way to go. Obviously a popular subject, might as well make more of them.