PDA

View Full Version : D&D character portraits

baquitania
08-06-2001, 12:40 PM
I scanned a few of these, but didn't want to flood the thread with them, here is a quick stitch. They are roughly 5-6yrs old, but that's cause I haven't used colored pencil in ages. The upper right is watercolor on gessoed paper. The others were done with permanent marker outlines, and in some cases had brush markers used to blend colors over one another. Do you think I should post these in the CP thread, they're a little on the light weight side I think... once again the "guilt" of being an illustrator over being an artist (okay that was a rhetorical statement, so please don't slam me) well enjoy...

Leaflin
08-06-2001, 02:08 PM
Bobby
I really like these :)
The last one at the bottom is my favorite.
I think you should put them in coloured pencil so other people can get a chance to see them :)

baquitania
08-06-2001, 07:44 PM
Thank you Leaflin, I post this in CP and added the ones below as well, thanks for the encouragement, this type of art is more for my own private comsumption, it's great to know they are appreciated by others... Bobby

digistyle
08-08-2001, 09:02 PM
This is really good stuff! Where can I go to see larger size images?

digistyle

mARZ
08-23-2001, 11:47 AM
Hey this stuff is really good.

I have a bunch of old d&d characters too, but not as colourfull as yours, most of my colouring was in coloured pencil, but I'd only use them to add a little colour, more like a wash then really colouring.... maybe I should go dig some up and scan them....hmmm

Great characters.

mARZ

belladonna
08-29-2001, 02:33 PM
My son Leo says: "how can you put D&D pictures with no thiefs?! Mayhaps you should put 1 or 2 in the collection. Hehehe. The ones you have are awesome but still, you need a thief! ;) "

baquitania
08-30-2001, 12:34 AM
Sorry Leo, I am just not a thief player... I like the brutish barbarian lout, the arrogant paladin or cavalier. The officious sorcerer with touches of evil, and the occasional loud dwarf...

I will ask my friend Joey to post you a thief, he has a 33rd level one in our game, but he's been playing longer than me, since 1980 I think... I had one thief, but he went insane, and have never played another one, cause a) i always get caught, and b) it's always bad when i do...

I have a few ninjas who make up for it, here is one... but even she is studying to be wujen... her name is Yukio, and she's 9th lvl, and karaturan, we play a cross over of Greyhawk/FR...

belladonna
08-30-2001, 06:09 PM
Leo says :) : "We don't play in any set campains, we make our own and there always crazy :) I use to have a level 12 halfling-thief, but he got struck by lightning! I have an awsome level 3 elven-thief that is wearing items that have made my thief's special abilities skyrocket. ;) I've also got a 6 monk. He is o.k. He tried to steal a magical amulet and he ended up paralized for 14 game years :crying:

My friends cousin DM's. She added a new class 'master.' They are martial artists who add elemental powers to their attacks. They can't use weapons or armor though :( They are really fast! Once you are about level 20, they could probably take out a Gold Dragon! They are really bad at first level though. They're monk sub classes.

I would like to see Joey's thief, :) and I like your Yukio :)