PDA

View Full Version : Take a look at this...

ThinkSeeDraw
08-06-2001, 12:05 PM
Ok, i'm relatively new to pastels, and i'm lovin every bit of it! Head on over to http://communities.msn.com/people/ and under the find a community, type in Strawberries stuff, and THEN! after u get to the place, look in my portfolio under the photo albums, and look at the big cat project done in oil pastels, and tell me what u think of it!?!?!? It is my first actual project and i did it less than a year ago in my drawing class... it was done with the grumbacher oil pastels, and i had to work on it a LOT!

I would have just posted it on here, but i don't have any way to get that photo cuz i was at my friends house when i did it!

anyways, thank you for any critiques you may give ;)

daveshattuck
08-06-2001, 05:50 PM
you will get more response by posting a pic here rather that having us go thru the steps to get to them but i did and i like

ThinkSeeDraw
08-07-2001, 08:43 AM
I know,, i have no way of obtaining it though, I will try and figure out how though..... I Will have to get a fresh pic from someone down the street i guess :(

sandge
08-07-2001, 04:31 PM
Strawberrie: right-click on the image of your choice and select 'Save As' from the menu that appears to save the image to your computer's hard disk. Then upload the image to wetcanvas using the 'Attach file' option which you will see when you type a new WetCanvas reply, just above the 'Submit reply' button.

ThinkSeeDraw
08-07-2001, 09:20 PM
here ya go!

sandge
08-08-2001, 03:18 AM
Should also have mentioned to save as a jpeg if you want the image to show in the thread. Also makes a much smaller file for folks to down load. Here ya go ...

http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/08-Aug-2001/artcatproject.jpg

ThinkSeeDraw
08-08-2001, 04:04 PM
hehehe.. thank you so much sara for helping me with this mess

sandge
08-08-2001, 04:21 PM
I like the expression on the cat's face. It looks a bit cross - a typical cat expression.

I'm not quite so keen on the legs and paws because they don't look quite cat-like. I feel that the placement of the legs implies that they are jointed where they are not - as though the cat had elbows.

I would like to see a bit more consideration given to the background and supporting areas. These should be given as much thought and care as the subject they are setting off - both in terms of the way they are rendered, colour and tone in relation to the subject and the subjects relation to the edges of the paper.

However, having said all that I think it is a great first project. :D

(So, are those your feet? hehehe)