PDA

View Full Version : Autumn

nnelson1
08-06-2001, 11:13 AM
http://www.wetcanvas.com/Community/images/06-Aug-2001/Autumnsm.jpg
Digital

AmyH
08-06-2001, 12:23 PM
gives me the inpression of being tossed through a stained glass window.

amy

nnelson1
08-06-2001, 01:05 PM
rofl!

Is that good or bad?!

colorme
08-06-2001, 02:10 PM
it looks like a church window

Bracero
08-06-2001, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by AmyH
gives me the inpression of being tossed through a stained glass window.

amy

Is this a sense memory or an imagining? If the former please let us know what you said or did to get heaved out of the sanctuary window.:p

AmyH
08-06-2001, 03:05 PM
nelson, is it good or bad? its a reaction, thats good i think.

bracero, having fuzzy recollections of my baptism. ;)

amy

Luis Guerreiro
08-07-2001, 03:06 PM
It looks nice, it doesn't necessary need to relate to anything in particular, at least to me. In abstract art, the final result may be exactly that... ABSTRACT.;)
I would like to know what sort of support and medium was used though. Is it acrylic over canvas or panel, is it oils, gouache or glued vegetable soup? :D Only kidding, don't take me too serious, I am always like this but I don't mean being evil at all.
I truly love it for the splash of form and colour.
Luis

nnelson1
08-07-2001, 03:30 PM
Nice to make your acquaintance.

Actually, this began as a digital photo of a pine tree, looking upwards from the roots. Then I began working with the color and forms in Photoshop until it became this. I was using "oblique Strategies"; basically, manipulating it until it was something that appealed to me and bore little resemblance to the original. The main tools were brightness and contrasts and various color curves layered upon each other.

Cheers,

Nick

Epicurea
08-11-2001, 10:12 PM
Funny you should say it began as a pine tree, because before I got down to your last post I was thinking that while I like the stained glass impression, it gives me the impression of looking up at a tree at night during a rain storm.

In other words, I love it. Had I the funds, I'd love to hang it on my wall.

Cassandra

nnelson1
08-14-2001, 07:33 AM
I'm glad you like it.

We could arrange to have this hanging on your wall! :D

Send me an e-mail and we'll talk. ;)

Cheers,

Nick